Introducing Edmodo 2.0
Posted by: Edmodo
For the last few months we have been hard at work on version 2.0 of Edmodo and we would now like to share it with you.
Notable new features visible to users
- Redesigned Home Page
- Tagging of all posts
- Locker has been removed in favor of tagging, all previous posts will be moved to a locker tag soon.
- Wider Time-line to support a wider range of embeddable content
- Grades tab
- View a list of all grades received for a given group
- New Default Avatar set
- via twitter (user must follow @edmodonotify)
- via text message, users select cell phone provider and enter phone number
- Viewing of the following file formats within Edmodo using Scribd’s iPaper technology
- Microsoft Word Files doc, docx
- Microsoft Powerpoint Files ppt, pptx, pps
- Microsoft Excel Files xls, xlsx
- PDF: PDF pdf, ps
- Open Office: Open Office Documents odt, odp, sxw, sxi, etc.
- Plain Text: Text Documents txt, rtf
- Ability to add RSS feeds to a group
- Inline viewing of youtube, google video, flickr, slideshare, wikipedia, if posted as a link
- Ability for a teacher to return a file when assigning a grade to an assignment