June 7th, 2009

With the school year coming to a close for most of the U.S., Nic and I wanted to send a big thank you to all the Edmodo users that have helped make Edmodo a success.  It has blown our mind since launching in September of 2008, 37,786 students and teachers have signed up for Edmodo, created 6,799 groups, and posted over 320,000 times.

Thank you for a successful year!

41 Responses to “Thank you for a successful Year”

1. Patrick says:

Version 3.0 looks to be a nice improvement on 2.0. I especially am excited about the possibility of running Edmodo on my server. I'd say you guys are really headed in the right direction. Thanks for all you do.

2. Al Delgado says:

Thank you for providing a service dedicated to staff and students! Love the clean interface and ease of use. Looking forward to the third version!

3. zemote says:

We are hard at work on 3.0 and is coming along quite nicely. I'm sure there we'll be a few bumps and bruises when we launch it, but that is why we are doing it over the summer. Once again thanks for choosing edmodo to use with your students. We appreciate it and the best thing you can do to help us out is tell your colleagues about us and your successes with us.

4. brklynsurfer says:

I am very excited for Edomodo 3.0. I have tried using friendfeed for discussions inside and outside of class and I think edmodo will do a much better job this fall. I have spent the last week of school now searching for a replacement for engrade ( would randomly lose some data and no student profile). I am also looking for a replacement for my clipboard of attendance (mobile web app /ipod touch app). I would pay to have this all wrapped into the clean and clear design of edmodo. I just hope the two of you have not bitten off more than you can chew.

5. Tim Courtney says:

Hey Jeff,

Where is the iPhone application on your roadmap? Will you be starting development on that soon?

Tim

6. Jeff O'Hara says:

We probably will not start working on it until the fall sometime.

7. isinglass says:

Hey guys. I've emailed you already but I haven't received an answer in days. How do you delete a student account?

8. Jeff O'Hara says:

I never got the e-mail, if you log into your account, go to the pencil icon next to your group you can click members and remove the student account from there.

9. Todd Norton says:

I have been a huge fan of your product and touts its awesomeness at any conference I attend. However, to fully implement it in our school, is there a way for a kid to be assigned to more than one class? Could a student be assigned to say 7 classes?

10. Mark Isero says:

The 3.0 version and the premium applications sound really great! What about a post-to-blog feature for assignments/lesson plans? Or on the attendance application, a mechanism by which students are alerted that they were absent and should check out the homework? Will the grading application combine with the current turn-in feature so that a score is recorded at the same time I grade it? Great work.

11. Jeff O'Hara says:

Todd, just an FYI, a student can be members of multiple groups/classes. Once they are an edmodo user all they have to do is click the “join” link in the left side where the groups are listed and enter a code for a group from another teacher.

12. Mark Isero says:

13. Jeff O'Hara says:

14. Borg says:

how do you delete an edmodo account if you are a student.

• Guest says:

I only know how to remove yourself from a group –
        First you have to be on a specific group page. Then on the right there is a withdraw button.
        Hop this helps!

15. Borg says:

i want to know to!

16. Rae Rae says:

How do you delete the account??
      by doing what you said with the remove student account all it does is remove from that class, it doesnt delete the account…

17. Mszymcik says:

I created a fictious student account so that I could investigate how this tool functions. How do I delete this student account?

18. Sarah says:

Can you play games on this?

19. Ntenna says:

How do i delete my edmodo account im a student

20. Guest says:

is it possible to delete your edomod account? If so, please respond with insturctions. Thanks!

21. Anonymous says:

How to remove yourself from a group?

22. Marj Lien says:

How do i delete my edmodo account im a student

23. manda says:

HOW DO I DELETE AN ACCOUNT?

24. Liana Aman says:

If you are a teacher how can you delete your edmodo account plz tell me plz plz

25. Rushingfamily4 says:

Thank you for a successful year!

26. Jansalynbellmon2 says:

how do you delete a teacher account

27. Nikhil says:

on my profile i have a teacher but she is not my teacher anymore and same with the classmates
      how do i delete them both of my account. i already left the group but it is still showing up on there

28. Lukeabels27 says:

can you delete a parent edmodo account if you can send me instructions

29. Spork Chic says:

how do you delete a teacher account??

30. Spork Chic says:

how do you delete a teacher account??

31. Mr-garrison says:

I have a student who somehow managed to create a teacher account. How do I delete this??

32. Chloe says:

How do you delete a teacher account?!?!?!?!?

If so send me instructions, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Amisha says:

pls let me delete this account

34. guest says:

Hey,

First, I like the suggestion someone made earlier about getting yourself of any group that you can (re: Guest)

After you have removed yourself from all groups (I think), your home page should show a message from Mr. Edmodo, to whomever you are.

At that point, I just posted a message like this:

“Please, I would like my account deactivated. Unfortunately, your site is incredibly ridiculous is regards to being able to cancel it. Dare I say, even worse than facebook? I hope you respond to this message directly, I wouldn’t want to have to work my way up the ladder.”

Yours, (your name here)

– feel free to copy and paste this if you would like. If I don’t, or anyone else trying to deactivate their accounts aren’t have success, I know I would just start emailing customer service, etc. until you get a reply.

Thank you!

A concerned teacher.

35. someone says:

On a serious note, I would like to say I hope that the community is still very concerned about the possibility of arsenic (organic/inorganic: it doesn’t matter re: sci. testing) (and the nutrition board may tell you that it doesn’t matter) in certain juices that are served to our students. The one I know sp. is Apple and Eve brand; I think if you search for it, you might find reason to be concerned.

Thank you.

36. Katietheperson says:

Hello, I am a student and would like to know how to delete a teacher account. I accidentally made a teacher account instead of a student account while trying to get one of my fellow studyers into our Edmodo study group. Please no asking for personal information, even if it is just my group name.

Katietheperson

37. Dezyc says:

HOW DO I REMOVE A CLASS FROM MY ACCOUNT!!!!!

38. Stephanie Flores says:

How do you drop a class after the school year is over?