Edmodo Polls: You can now post polls to your Edmodo groups

September 28th, 2009

We just launched Edmodo Polls for teachers.   Edmodo Polls is a simple system that allows you to post polls to your Edmodo groups to get quick anonymous feedback from your students effortlessly.

Lets do a quick overview of how easy it is to add a poll.  First click the “more”  link in the Edmodo post bubble.  Next, select Poll and the post should look like the following screen shot.  You type your question, and at least 2 answers.  If you need more answers, just click the “add answers” button.

polls1

This is what a poll will look like to your student.  Each student can only vote once and they can not retract their vote.

polls2

Once you start getting some responses from your students you can quickly gauge student sentiment regarding the question you posted.

polls3

Clicking the update link will refresh the polls stats for you.

What do you think of Edmodo Polls?  We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.

Now what are you waiting for, login to Edmodo and try out the poll feature :)

30 Responses to “Edmodo Polls: You can now post polls to your Edmodo groups”

1. I would LOVE to have students take polls using Edmodo on their iPod Touches, but in testing it, their votes don't register. Ideas?

2. Jeff O'Hara says:

Eric, have you tried the our new mobile web app http://m.edmodo.com with the polls? Works perfectly. Just an FYI, the polls don't refresh in realtime and the poll must be refreshed.

3. I would LOVE to have students take polls using Edmodo on their iPod Touches, but in testing it, their votes don't register. Ideas?

4. Jeff O'Hara says:

5. mjich says:

This is a very helpful page. kep it up.

6. alli says:

is it possible for a kid to post a poll on edmodo

student a george middle school

7. anonymous says:

The students in my class are trying to add a poll. can there be an option for them to do that??

8. Mcpherss says:

How can you see how each child voted in a poll? I’d like to konw their thoguhts, but keep it anonymous to the students.

9. Daniel says:

Can we only add one question per poll? Basically, I’d like to be able to ask multiple-choice questions via Polls, but it would get cluttered if I had to post a new poll for every question.

10. H Weatherly says:

I like it, but I want to be able to track who has responded and at times, how. It is unreasonable to require my students to complete a particular poll if I have no way of tracking who has responded! Could we have an open vs. closed poll option?

11. Ptrcgomez70 says:

Awesome!!! Edmodo in general…

12. Anonymous says:

Maybe I’m missing something very obvious but… how do you close a poll? I mean, disable it so that students cannot post more answers, but still show the questions and the poll results in the stream. Thanks!

13. How do you see which students have answered a poll question? Can I see what their responses are?

14. Alice Schmitz says:

Is there a limit to the number of responses the poll will compile? We’re thinking about our entire faculty . . . about 180 people.

15. Mark Wydareny says:

Re: H Weatherly’s questions above:

I also would like to create polls with multiple questions & answers. Essentially a live multiple choice quiz where students can see what answer classmates have chosen. Right now, we do raise of hands – not useful. Regardless of what is on their paper, they all wait to see what the “smart kids” chose, then raise their hands for that answer.

If they could view live results, it could lead to discussion of why they chose each response. With or without names would be a great option.

We all need to use assessments as a learning tool much more. A polling feature like this would augment the process.

16. Its Me says:

can students post polls?

17. Kehau Glassco says:

Can we close the polling?

18. Samuel says:

Students should have polling too.