Edmodo Undergoing System Upgrade Saturday 3/20 at 9pm PST
Posted by: Edmodo
Edmodo will be offline for a short period to undergo some system code and server upgrades starting at 9:00pm PST Saturday 3/20/10.
Here are some highlights that will be available after the new system upgrade:
- Edmodo will now be fully internationalized. We started with Spanish support. More languages can be added very easily and quickly in the future.
- Group names in Edmodo no longer have to be completely unique (yay!!!!)
- Improvements to our backend search system
- Users will now be notified of direct messages in the spotlight
- Files tab will be deprecated in preparation for something much better! In the meantime, if you need to access your files, simply click the link to filter by Files from the right sidebar.
- Edmodo architecture will be more scalable and fault tolerant with the ability to add more servers to support Edmodo’s rapidly growing user base
- Ability to add features and bug fixes at a much quicker pace
The changes to the end user will actually be fairly minimal and many may not even notice the change. At this moment in Edmodo’s life cycle we feel this update is extremely important to to support our growing user base and allow us to add features more quickly.
With any new system there are bound to be bugs even though we have worked very hard to make the transition to the new code as smooth as possible with extensive internal testing. We ask that you submit any problems you may have to the Edmodo support group after we come back online late Saturday evening (Sunday for you east-coasters).