We’re All in this together…join our new Communities

November 2nd, 2010

Teaching is a collaborative effort.  Whether it’s partnering with parents to identify the best way to reach a child, the quiet hum of students working in small groups, or working on lesson plans in your weekly departmental meeting, I think we all agree that we are at our best when we work together.

That’s why everyone here at Edmodo is so excited about the our new Communities. We see this as a place where you can gather with like-minded professionals to share ideas, materials, and experiences on the topics that interest you.  Whether you teach Math, Social Studies, Language Arts or Science (or all of the above!) there is something there for you

It’s only been a week since we launched the communities, but it’s exciting to see the activity that is already underway.  In the Language Arts community they are talking about resources on Romanticism; the Science community is sharing virtual simulations on cell development; Mr Vanderkley shared a great Edmodo Quickstart Guide for Students across all of the communities.

If you haven’t had a chance – check out our new communities section.  Come join the conversation — and then come back here and share your thoughts!

19 Responses to “We’re All in this together…join our new Communities”

1. Biztechtchr says:

OK. I love the new communities. BUT HOW DO YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THEM?

2. Ivan Lopez says:

Great idea! :)
    Any ICT community? :)

Ivan Lopez
    Spain

3. Linda Moon says:

I also need to know how to subscribe to them. Doesn’t appear to be instructions on the Edmodo Communities page.

• Peggy Frisbie says:

Click on the Communities link in the announcement above. On the Communities page, click on a subject. The key to being able to post is that you have to be logged in, and if you got to this page from the log-in page of Edmodo, you haven’t done that yet. You should see a log-in prompt at the top of the page. Then you’re in.

4. Ajsummers says:

I also would like to know how I can join the communities. I saw people sharing links and whatnot, but I did not see how to join or even to reply to others.

• Peggy Frisbie says:

5. HillschoolML says:

It would be great to see an ESL community! ;-)

6. William Lee says:

This is good edmodo is alway changing to a better website!

7. mrsyakes says:

I love the evolution that occurs constantly within Edmodo! You all could be a great metaphor for mutation/evolution! Thanks!

8. Hillschool says:

I love the idea and see that there’s now an ESL group in the Lang&Arts community……..BUT HOW CAN I JOIN??? I’d like to join and have a full profile etc, but only seem able to reply or comment on other people’s posts. :-((

9. Octoberwolf says:

How do I make a group? Or one Edmodo of my onw?

10. dfrau says:

How does one start a community? I’d like to see a World Language community.

11. Andrea says:

How does one JOIN one of these communities?

12. dr_dmd says:

It is obvious that many of us are interested in joining a community, but it is NOT obvious HOW to join one. Please make this clear. Thanks!

13. fitness says:

I’ve been browsing online greater than three hours today, but I never discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s pretty price enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the net will probably be a lot more helpful than ever before.

14. r_t_s_y says:

How do we join a community?

• luciagia says:

Select “browse” under the community section of your Edmodo homepage, choose the community you want to join and select the “join” button at the top.