The first Edmodo Meetup of the new year
Posted by: Edmodo
The first Edmodo meetup of the new year happened last night at DazBog coffee in Loveland, CO. With hot cups in hand (one chai tea, one mocha, one latte and a few other coffee varieties), Edmodo was discussed for Elementary, Middle and High Schools in the area. We also had a few attendees from elsewhere in the US who were following along on their own computers virtually. It was a fantastic coming together of minds, sharing of stories, and general brainstorming about how to best create spaces for learning, collaboration, and sharing.
Here are a few of the artifacts from our time together:
- The Google Document where we took notes
- Audio Reflection of the meetup
- A list of some of the attendees with links to their Edmodo profiles (click on the pictures to connect with them):
If you are interested in setting up your own Edmodo meetup, you can do so at http://meetup.com/edmodo. The are currently meetups planned for Singapore, Illinois, Georgia, Canada, Spain, Florida and more. We can’t wait to hear stories from all of them. For those of you who are planning one, here are some of the things that we learned last night:
- Pick a quiet spot (or a spot with a back room): Background noise can really hurt the conversation
- Bring a projector if you can: This will help keep folks on the same page when you want that and it will help display the group backchannel when you don’t
- Set up an Edmodo Group for your meetup so that you can connect everyone together easily
- Create a Google Doc: Take notes and post a link to it in your group so that anyone who joins the group will be able to edit it and start brainstorming right away
- Don’t be afraid to talk about things other than Edmodo: Meetups are times to get together and swap stories about your experiences and think of new ways to try things. Edmodo shouldn’t be the only topic of conversation, but it can be the place space for you to continue the conversation after the Meetup.