Update on Quizzes

August 31st, 2011

Since we announced the pending arrival of quizzes on Edmodo for this school year, we’ve received tons of feedback, messages and inquiries from the community. Over the past few weeks, this enthusiasm has generated significant discussion between Edmodo educators and our product development team on the features and functionality that are most important to you.

From these discussions, we’ve added a few new requirements to the quiz functionality that will provide you with significantly more flexibility with respect to the types of questions you create and your ability to integrate media directly into your assessments.   We’re very excited about these additions and absolutely believe your feedback has significantly improved the overall functionality.

However, to make sure these new features are optimally built, tested and implemented, we have decided to reschedule the wide release by three weeks.

Thanks for your patience as we finish things up — we promise the wait will be worth the wait!  Stay tuned for the availability of quizzes later in September!

35 Responses to “Update on Quizzes”

1. Can’t wait!  Thanks for all the hard work.

2. Sinda says:

Our whole school is LOVING this! Edmodo has become an amazing tool for a virtual classroom outside of the IRL classroom. Thank you, and I am looking forward to the quiz option.

Sinda

• Padams says:

Hi Sinda,
      I was wondering how your school went about adopting Edmodo? Do the students only need one account and password if a school implements Edmodo?
      Pat

3. Mevs says:

oooppsss. i’ve been waiting for this..but we can still wait…thank you very much for everything you’ve done for us…

4. J. Montes says:

I’m going to say a dirty thing: I would probably pay for Edmodo (provided it wasn’t crazy price-wise). That said, I’m glad I don’t have to.

5. Umphrey says:

The Moodle upgrade left out the ability to sort questions by age–which has rendered my extensive data banks useless. I desperately need an alternative. I hope Edmodo’s allows easy import and supports sorting questions by age.

6. José Popoff says:

Can´t wait for the feature!  Thank you.

7. Wpulgarin says:

Can’t wait!

8. Joyce Pereira says:

Thank you! You all are INCREDIBLE!!!!

9. Mpatenaude says:

If quiz questions and answers will allow the use of subscripts and superscripts I’ll write you into my will.

10. Marc Hamlin says:

I can’t wait for this feature.  Is there something in the works to create web-based rubrics that would provide teachers to create their own evaluative tools that would then compute a grade, or at least save the output of the rubric results?

11. Sarah says:

Edmodo has encouraged my students to think about classwork outside of school to help connect themselves and their learnings to the world! Thanks, Edmodo!

12. Lucianaisaac says:

cool

13. Mrs. Altman's Class says:

Very excited, and hoping that the features will include using bold, italics, and images.

14. Derekmcquiston says:

Any new updates?  How about a release date?  Thanks, I can’t wait!

15. Brian MacNevin says:

OKay, what would be AWESOME would be the MOODLE_like ability to create programmed quiz/test items for math. You type in the problem with variables that have specific parameters and so each student’s answer is different.

I know… I want a LOT for free. Sorry. I really do love Edmodo and I’m sure the quiz feature will be just amazing when it’s available! :)

16. gbclarke says:

I’m new, but I’m loving it already!

17. Paulette W. says:

Can’t wait for it! Have to depend too much on Google Docs right now!

18. Paulette W. says:

Can’t wait for it! Have to depend too much on Google Docs right now!

19. I am looking forward to the quizzes! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Edmodo! Thank you for this wonderful resource! :-)

20. Anonymous says:

Love you guys!

21. Why wait until it is “finished”???  If you went by that release model, Edmodo as a whole would not be up at all.  My suggestion: release what you have and update as you can — just like you do with the other parts of the website (assignments, grading, etc.).

Keep putting it off is stopping current Moodle users from converting.

22. Cfergui says:

umm, it is October, where is the quiz feature?

23. Cfergui says:

umm, it is October, where is the quiz feature?

24. Christine Moore says:

Hi – I have been watching and waiting for updates on the quiz feature progress…will this be out soon? I’m looking forward to using it!

25. Christine Moore says:

26. i cant wait to see whats new!!!

27. isabel says:

no puedo sign up

28. mary says:

I have created quizzes but my students have a problem accessing the quiz. What do I need to do to fix the problem?

• luciagia says:

Hi Mary- I recommend you contact our support team and they can help you solve this issue. They’ll probably need more detailed information, such as what do the students see when they try to access the quiz, is it all students or just some students, etc. Send them an email at support [at] edmodo [dot com] they will help you through it!

29. Jesus says:

I love your quiz feature but I am wondering if quizzes can be assigned to specific students instead of the whole group. I am trying to figure out how to use this for more specific and individualized instruction or review of skills.

• luciagia says:

Yes, you can send a quiz to specific students. In the send to field, remove the group name and the names of the students whom you would like to receive the quiz.

30. Sascha Sciandra says:

Is there any way to import questions from say examview or any other source where I don’t have to sit down and spend all my time writing out algebraic questions followed by answers. that would be a true time saver plus can I put 100 questions in but only have the kids answer 10 of them and if they retry they won’t see the same questions.