Holiday Checklist Day 4: Edmodo Mini-Lessons
Posted by: Lucia Giacomantonio
As you’re wrapping up for the holidays, consider using one of these simple Edmodo mini-lessons to help students reflect on what they’ve learned and prepare for the year ahead.
Best and Worst of 2011
1. Create a group titled “Best and Worst of 2011” and invite all your students to join.
2. Create an assignment that asks students to submit two nominations:
- The best learning experience of the year to date. This can be a lesson, a discussion, a video they watched, a game they played or an assignment they completed that they really enjoyed.
- The worst moment of the year to date – same as above, with a gentle reminder about appropriate ways to provide constructive feedback.
3. Create a poll with the top 5 responses for each question and let the voting begin.
4. At your class holiday party, count down the top events of the year — break out the confetti when you get to #1!
2012 New Year’s Resolutions
1. Create a group titled “2012 Resolutions” and share the group code with your students.
2. Create a post with the following message:
- “Share with the class ONE resolution you will make for your academic success in 2012.” Encourage students to set realistic and measurable goals.
- Examples may include: I promise to read at least three books that are not assigned; I promise not to be late on my homework more than twice.
3. Award badges, extra credit or small prizes at the end of the semester to those students who lived up to their commitment.
We hope you enjoy these mini-lessons. Stay tuned for our final holiday checkslist post tomorrow!