Save the Date: Wed. August 8th – EdmodoCon 2012

May 2nd, 2012

EdmodoCon 2012 planning is officially underway! Thanks to all of the volunteers who attended our Advisory Meeting last week.

Today we’re pleased to announce that we’ve selected a date for this year’s event. Please mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 8th, 2012!

On this day, Edmodo educators across the globe will gather online and in person for a one-day professional development extravaganza.  Throughout the day, teachers will share, inspire and showcase the creative ways they are using Edmodo and other digital tools in the classroom. It’s a great day to celebrate being a teacher – and an event not to be missed!  Check out the 2011 archives to learn more and stay tuned in the coming weeks for further details.

Last year, 2000 teachers from all 50 US states and 51 countries joined EdmodoCon. We had 2.5M users last August – but the Edmodo community is now more than 7M strong – so start spreading the word and let’s see if we can set new records in global collaboration!

36 Responses to “Save the Date: Wed. August 8th – EdmodoCon 2012”

1. Vivian Alforque says:

Keep me posted. I wish I could join the convention.

2. Vanita Vance says:

Looking forward to another great conference! I learned so much and was so energized by last year’s, I will definitely be there for this year’s EdmodoCon!

3. Tammy says:

Definitely looking forward to this!

4. please keep me posted.

5. Mrs. LK says:

Looking forward to it!

After returning to the HS classroom full-time in late September, finding Edmodo was an excellent tool to add to my instructional toolbox. My students frequently commented this year, “Every teacher in our school should be using Edmodo!” And my principal saw our use of it as “Innovating” in the new teacher evaluation system here in Florida.

Now, to get colleagues on board…. I’ll pass this Save the Date on to them, maybe even throw an “Edmodo Party” as we plan for 2012 – 2013. :)

6. Rosa María Abdelnour Granados says:

I want to be there too.

7. Katherine Galloway says:

will be there…..

8. Tracy Hong Syz says:

thanks; keep me updated!

9. Jennifer Tuttle says:

Thanks for letting us know. I have it on my calendar and I’m excited for it to arrive. Thanks for all you offer us. I am just learning how to use edmodo so this sounds like a perfect opportunity for me.

10. patricia says:

la pagina no me permite entrar a biblioteca,archivos compartidos, practicos de 5…..la alluda esta ingles como puedo pasarla al españo? gracias

11. Hansiswany Kamarga says:

Thank you for the information, i will .., and keep update me

12. Paolo Silveri says:

Keep me posted. I wish I could join the convention.

13. Ernest Rodriguez says:

I don’t see any info. On the actual convention. Is this only online? I teach at an international school in Bangkok, Thailandnbut I’ll be in San Jose CA visiting my sister in August. If there is an actual gathering, I’d love to attend.

Ernest

• luciagia says:

The actual conference is held online, however, across the globe there will be groups of teachers gathering in-person to join the virtual event. Registration is not open yet, but we wanted to give everyone a heads up on the date. More details to come!

14. Sounds great! I haven’t been using Edmodo for long, so I still have lots to learn. Looking forward to this conference!

15. Gordon J. Vine says:

I am absolutely “blown away” with gratitude for the opportunity in the utilization of this piece of valuable instructional aid. As a first time user, my students are going to LOVE this!!

16. looking forward to it!!!

17. Saadet Roach says:

Thanks for the invaluable resources.

18. isabel says:

Keep me informed. I use edmodo weekly with my students and I love the way I can communicate with my students so easily. So keep me updated! thank you very much indeed
    isabel

19. Do we need to book a ‘place’ or can we just go straight in?

20. Thanks, keep me updated.

21. Joseph Gruce says:

I’m very interested in this. We have piloted Edmodo with about 6 teachers in my school.

22. Norma Matthews says:

Is there a cost involved with the conference?

23. brandy braver says:

Count me in!

24. Elizabeth Sydnor says:

I’m very interested in participating in the conference. Thank you!

25. Kathleen Parker says:

I’ve marked it on my calendar! We’ll begin using Edmodo in the fall. Just in-serviced teachers the other day.

26. Son un nuevo fan de Edmodo, estoy encantado en el trabajo con mis estudiantes y veo un ritmo completamente diferente. Me agradaría ser parte de este evento y compartir experiencias con otros profes del mundo. Saludos desde Colombia.

27. Pat Singh says:

Not able to join the group. This is looking really great. Please keep me posted.
    Thanks for the support and help.
    Pat Singh

28. [...] EdmodoCon 2012 is scheduled for Wednesday, August 8th and today we’re excited to open up the call for presenters! If you’re an Edmodo educator who would like to share your experiences with our global community, we encourage you to submit a proposal. [...]

29. Angela Larson says:

Looking forward to it.

30. Stephanie says:

I am so excited. This will be my first EdmodoCon.

31. I look forward to the big event! Our district has implemented Edmodo and our teachers and students are loving it!

32. Mark says:

Any chance the seminars are saved online to be viewed after the conference is over. I was unable to attend.

Regards,