Edmodo at ISTE 2012

June 20th, 2012

The Edmodo team is excited to head to San Diego for the 2012 International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Conference! If you’re planning to attend, check out some of Edmodo activities taking place:

Visit the Edmodo Booth & Pick Up Your T-Shirt
We’d love for you to stop by booth 5317 and connect with our team and other teachers. Stop by during one of our demos, get a sneak peek at Edmodo Apps, and pick up your limited edition “I’m a Teacher” Edmodo tee!

Here’s a quick run down of some of presentations scheduled:

• Monday, June 25:
    10:00 am – Preview VocabSpellingCity’s Edmodo App
    11:00 am – Preview of OpenMinds and Word Kung Fu Edmodo Apps
    12:00 pm – Preview of Naiku’s Edmodo App
    2:00 pm – “Getting started district-wide with Edmodo” - Casey Hunter, Wichita Falls ISD
  • Tuesday, June 26:
    10:00 am – Preview StudySync’s Edmodo App
    11:00 am – Preview Desmos’ Edmodo App
    12:00 am – Preview GradeCam’s Edmodo App
  • Wednesday, June 27:
    10:00 am – Preview Scootpad’s Edmodo App
    11:00 am – “Edmodo for the Secondary Classroom” Stephanie Yancey, Horry County Schools

During unlisted times we’ll be running open sessions. Stop by to get your questions answered and learn more about Edmodo!

Edmodo Sessions at ISTE
In addition to our in-booth presentations, here’s a list of educators presenting sessions on Edmodo:

• Monday, June 25th:
    12:45pm–1:45pm - Engage with Edmodo in Elementary Classrooms, Jennifer Bond, Glengary Elementary, Walled Lake Schools
  • Tuesday, June 26th
    3:45pm–4:45pm - Taking Learning Home: Edmodo as an Academic Social Networking Platform, Robert Offterdinger, Alexandria City Public Schools with Heath Brown
  • Wednesday, June 27:
    10:15am–11:15am - Did They Get It? Assessment and Edmodo, Melinda Lula, HWDSB

Not Going? Follow Along!
Be sure to follow the ISTE 2012 Community to stay connected with conference attendees!

10 Responses to “Edmodo at ISTE 2012”

1. iTechCVESD says:

Hi Edmodo!
    I love the shirt idea… but I’m a tech, not a teacher. I’d really love just an “Edmodo” shirt. Any chance to of getting one of those shirts?

• luciagia says:

Everyone is a teacher :) No original Edmodo t-shirts in the booth, but if you’re going to any of the ISTE sessions listed, those presenters will have a few to raffle off.

• iTechCVESD says:

Aw, that’s true… we are all teachers. Unfortunately, all the Edmodo Sessions are Sold Outalready, so I will not be able to attend and be one of those lucky “Edmodo” shirt winners. I will be happy to share the “Teacher” shirt with a colleague at work though. Thank you! :)

2. Dixie Jacobson says:

Where are the presentations going to happen?
    I am interested in the Monday preview at 10:00

3. [...] who are learning, connecting and collaborating with each other everyday through Edmodo. Today, at ISTE, we’re announcing a summer challenge that will help make the Edmodo community even stronger [...]

4. Joe Hight says:

HELP!!!! I am very interested in attending ISTE tomorrow. I also want to visit the Edmodo booth to get information for our teachers. I am a tech guy and teacher for a school located in San Diego and want to know how we can register to attend. Even if only for the exhibits. Help??? Is there a way to get exhibit only passes?

• luciagia says:

Yes, you can go to Hall B at the convention center. The registration desk is there and you should be able to purchase an exhibitor pass. I believe they are $15 per day.

5. Bruce says:

Hi,

I am getting a 403 Forbidden error when I try to access Edmodo. Is there a major problem?

Cheers