A Sneak Peek at the EdmodoCon 2012 Schedule

July 18th, 2012

We’re working hard to finalize the presentation schedule for EdmodoCon 2012 and today we want to provide an update to all our registered attendees. Below is a list of some of the sessions you can expect to see this year. If you have not registered yet, reserve your spot now.

Here’s what you can expect to learn at EdmodoCon 2012:

• iPads in the classroom – Learn new ways the iPad can be used in conjunction with Edmodo to spark conversation between students and teachers. Presenters will share some of their successes, failures and provide best practices.
  • Building Global Community - This session will share an overview of a Challenge Based Learning project entitled “Building Global Community,” where students were challenged to expand their connection to the global community by connecting with students from around the world.
  • Using Edmodo to Enhance Language Arts Curriculum - See how Edmodo can be used to enhance the language arts curriculum while still meeting the standards required. This session will highlight a unit on Shakespeare to demonstrate how students can use technology to enhance all aspects of learning: reading, writing, and of course performing.
  • Flipping the Classroom - Find out how you can use Edmodo to flip your science classroom! In this session you will learn how to expose students to engaging content and provide students effective feedback to improve understanding.
  • Teaching Digital Citizenship - Learn how Edmodo can be used as a tool to promote and foster Digital Citizenship. This session will cover the top 7 topics that deal with Digital Citizenship, and different methods of teaching it effectively.
  • Making PD fun and relevant with Edmodo - Ever sit through an in-service and think “That’s 3 hours of my life I’ll never get back”? This session will discuss ways to make this PD relevant, meaningful, and yes, FUN via Edmodo!
  • Edmodo for Young Learners - Teachers of young learners have unique challenges when it comes to integrating technology into the classroom. This session will provide ideas to help you engage young learners, from pre-K to second grade, in Edmodo.
  • 1:1 Computing and the Limitless Classroom – Has your school/district moved to a 1:1 model or are you thinking about it? This session will highlight one school’s obstacles and successes in moving to this model.
  • Game Based Learning - Learn how to engage students through a variety of Edmodo’s features (small groups, RSS, badges, avatars, student names, links, embed, posts, alerts etc). This session will give insight into how these features can be use to create an imaginative world that students immersed themselves in 24/7.

Stay tuned for the full schedule, including speakers and times.

UPDATE: The full schedule is available at www.edmodocon.com

16 Responses to “A Sneak Peek at the EdmodoCon 2012 Schedule”

1. Tammy Delaney says:

This looks amazing and I can’t wait!!!

2. Leanne says:

Hey Guys,
    I’m again trying to figure out the time zones so I’ll know when Edmodocon starts for us here in Sydney Australia. What city are you based in?
    Thanks

3. Leanne says:

Hi Guys,
    I’ve figured out that you are in San Francisco, but I’m still confused.
    Web based time converters list your time zone as PDT but on the Edmodocon rego page the time zone is listed as ET. I’m obviously not a timezone nerd because I don’t know whether these things are the same or different. I’ve not found ET listed anywhere as a zone acronym.
    So if I’m up and logged on at 3am on the 9th will I be at Edmodocon or will I have missed it?

• luciagia says:

Hi Leanne – We listed the times in ET as its the most commonly cited time zone here in the U.S. If you are in Sydney, EdmodoCon would start at midnight and end at 11 am. Don’t worry, we’ll be recording the event so you don’t need to stay up all night to watch the beginning :)

4. [...] a virtual event. It’s also a great opportunity to gather your colleagues for a full day of professional development sessions from one [...]

5. Tamara says:

how accessible are these presentations? I know a lot of online presentations tend to be podcasts/webinars that are audio in nature, but I work at a school for the deaf with deaf teachers and it would be great if these seminars were accessible to us.

• luciagia says:

Everything is done via WebEx, so there will be a visual component (screenshare or presentation slides), audio and chat functionality. We’ll also be recording the event.

• Teacher Taylor says:

I also work at a deaf school, and I think Tamara’s question didn’t really get answered. Are any of the webinars captioned or will have transcripts available? The visual component is *okay* but much of this information wont be available to deaf teachers without captions and/or transcripts. Edmodo is used by many deaf schools, so it would be great if this training were accessible to deaf teachers!

6. mevs says:

I’m from the Philippines , what is the exact time will attend the seminar.? what time zone will be appropriate for us..

Thanks…

7. Fran Mastropolo says:

I would be interested in attending several of these sessions. Could you forward a listing of the course dates please? Thanks.

8. SMG says:

I am in India. Pl tell me what time it would start & finish.
    thanks