A Sneak Peek at the EdmodoCon 2012 Schedule
Posted by: Lucia Giacomantonio
We’re working hard to finalize the presentation schedule for EdmodoCon 2012 and today we want to provide an update to all our registered attendees. Below is a list of some of the sessions you can expect to see this year. If you have not registered yet, reserve your spot now.
Here’s what you can expect to learn at EdmodoCon 2012:
- iPads in the classroom – Learn new ways the iPad can be used in conjunction with Edmodo to spark conversation between students and teachers. Presenters will share some of their successes, failures and provide best practices.
- Building Global Community – This session will share an overview of a Challenge Based Learning project entitled “Building Global Community,” where students were challenged to expand their connection to the global community by connecting with students from around the world.
- Using Edmodo to Enhance Language Arts Curriculum – See how Edmodo can be used to enhance the language arts curriculum while still meeting the standards required. This session will highlight a unit on Shakespeare to demonstrate how students can use technology to enhance all aspects of learning: reading, writing, and of course performing.
- Flipping the Classroom – Find out how you can use Edmodo to flip your science classroom! In this session you will learn how to expose students to engaging content and provide students effective feedback to improve understanding.
- Teaching Digital Citizenship - Learn how Edmodo can be used as a tool to promote and foster Digital Citizenship. This session will cover the top 7 topics that deal with Digital Citizenship, and different methods of teaching it effectively.
- Making PD fun and relevant with Edmodo – Ever sit through an in-service and think “That’s 3 hours of my life I’ll never get back”? This session will discuss ways to make this PD relevant, meaningful, and yes, FUN via Edmodo!
- Edmodo for Young Learners – Teachers of young learners have unique challenges when it comes to integrating technology into the classroom. This session will provide ideas to help you engage young learners, from pre-K to second grade, in Edmodo.
- 1:1 Computing and the Limitless Classroom – Has your school/district moved to a 1:1 model or are you thinking about it? This session will highlight one school’s obstacles and successes in moving to this model.
- Game Based Learning – Learn how to engage students through a variety of Edmodo’s features (small groups, RSS, badges, avatars, student names, links, embed, posts, alerts etc). This session will give insight into how these features can be use to create an imaginative world that students immersed themselves in 24/7.
Stay tuned for the full schedule, including speakers and times.
UPDATE: The full schedule is available at www.edmodocon.com