Back-to-School Subdomain Best Practices
Posted by: Edmodo
Edmodo subdomains are a great way to create a community for all the educators in a school or district, as well as provide additional management and analytics features for administrators. If you have a subdomain already in place, now is a great time to make sure you are following best practices for back-to-school:
- Identify and update any additional users to be district and school subdomain admins. This is especially important if any admins have left your school or district.
- Activate IP forwarding to ensure that teachers are logging in to your subdomain when they come back to school.
- Invite teachers to your subdomain before school starts, and distribute school codes.
- Watch a recorded Edmodo for Schools & Districts webinar to familiarize yourself with your subdomain’s features.
- View the Edmodo for Summer PD recording for teacher training tips and resources.
If you don’t have a subdomain in place, you can claim one today! In the process, be sure to and follow these tips:
- If you already have a school subdomain but would like to claim a district domain, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you claim your domain, be sure to associate it with a verified school or district, as designated by a green check in the search menu (applicable for US domains only).