Your Back to School Checklist
Posted by: Lucia Giacomantonio
August is back to school month here in the U.S. and to help you prepare, we’ve put together a checklist of all the resources you’ll need to get your classroom started with Edmodo:
- If you’re new to Edmodo, sign up for one of our Intro to Edmodo webinars or watch a recorded version on your own time to learn about the core features of Edmodo.
- If you’re an existing user, be sure to archive your groups from last year.
- Whether you’re a new user or existing user, it’s always a good idea to review our best practices at the beginning of each year.
- Check out our teacher rollout resources for helpful handouts and ideas.
- Create your Edmodo groups before the first day of school.
- On the first day of school, distribute group codes to all your students. Be sure to follow security best practices [step 3].
- If your students are new to Edmodo, they will need the group code to create a student account.
- If your students have used Edmodo in the past, they can login to their existing account and select “join” to enter the group code.
Now that your class is ready to go, it’s time to learn new and creative ways to use Edmodo in the classroom. Stay tuned, later this week we’ll be posting Edmodo activity ideas for your first week of school!