Edmodo 2012 Year in Review
Posted by: Lucia Giacomantonio
It’s been an incredible year for Edmodo and as the year comes to an end, we want to take a moment to reflect on exciting events that happened in 2012, and extend our gratitude to the community for support along the way.
Here’s a look back at some of our favorite 2012 highlights:
- Conferences Powered by Edmodo – For the past two years we’ve been proud to power the Florida Educational Technology Conference (FETC). This year, we were excited to see additional event organizers power their conference by Edmodo including, VSTE, NCTies, CETPA, TIECo, SOTF Conference, SC Edtech, FAME and Florida Virtual School Symposium!
- Edmodo Store – At SXSWedu, Edmodo CEO Nic Borg announced that we would open up the platform to enable educational publishers to develop apps that integrate with Edmodo. Since then we launched the Edmodo Store with hundreds of new free and paid apps easily accessible within Edmodo.
- One million teachers strong. During the summer we launched a campaign to get one million teachers on Edmodo. With your help in spreading the word, we reached and passed this goal!
- Edmodo Certification – Over the summer we offered a PD program that provided educators with the tools and resources needed to hold inservices on Edmodo. 1600 educators completed to program, training 53,000 educators!
- EdmodoCon 2012 – 12,000 attendees from 117 countries participated in the 2nd annual EdmodoCon, a full day of professional development lead by Edmodo educators. It was truly amazing to see that many educators come together to learn from each other. Make sure to watch the videos.
- Support Ambassador program. Last August we launched our support ambassador program. Since August, the team has replied to over 3000 posts in the communities and have had a presence in all 12 Subject Area Communities. We’d like to send out a special thanks to our ambassador team for all their support this year.
- Digital Citizenship in the classroom – In partnership with Common Sense Media, we created the Digital Citizenship Starter Kit, a series of activities you can complete in Edmodo to help start the conversation with students about Internet safety, cyberbullying, information literacy, and more. If you’d like to learn more, sign up for our free webinar next month.
- Presidential Elections – For this year’s Presidential Election, we created a new Elections community where thousands of teachers came together to share resource to help students understand the election process. Along with the community, we launched Edmodo Votes, as a way to give students the opportunity to participate in the election.
- The latest version of Edmodo. We introduced a significant update to Edmodo , offering new features to help you connect with resources and get insight into how students feel about assignments, classroom discussions and shared content.
- We hit 15 million users! We grew by more than 10 million new users. Check out our cool infographic highlighting Edmodo usage around the world.
What a year it’s been! We’re looking forward to 2013, and continuing to work towards our mission of connecting all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential.
Happy holidays from the Edmodo Team!