Terms of Service Updates for Edmodo
Posted by: Lucia Giacomantonio
We’re amazed by the growing network of teachers, students, administrators, and parents from all over the world who use Edmodo to enhance in-classroom learning. We know your trust is at the core of this network and it’s something we take very seriously.
We’re including an overview of the updated terms below and you can find the full text on our website. They go into effect on Friday, January 4, 2013.
- Clearly Worded. We don’t think you should need a law degree to read and understand terms of service.
- We introduced new headers and split the entire document into digestible pieces. Now you can easily jump between sections and find commonly requested information.
- Easily Understood. We wanted to make sure that you understand your rights while using Edmodo. Of particular importance:
- You continue to retain ownership of your content.
- You’re only granting limited rights to your content, in connection with the Edmodo services.
- Based on your Feedback. We reviewed common support questions to surface areas where our terms of service needed to be clearer.
- Information about COPPA compliance is now easier to find and easier to understand.
- We now more clearly explain what happens if you delete your Edmodo account.
- Our basic services have always been and will always be free. This will never change.
- TrustE Certified. A lot of work went into updating our Terms of Service and we’re pleased to share that the team over at TrustE has vetted our terms and announced that we’re compliant, not only for COPPA but also for EU Safe Harbour.
- Current users will receive an email notifying them of the changes, as well as an in-app notification.
- New users will be required to accept the new terms during the signup process.
- On mobile apps, the new terms will be displayed within the respective app stores, but no additional action will be required by you.