Edmodo How-to: Managing Notifications

January 30th, 2013

Notifications are a great way to keep a pulse on conversations happening in your Edmodo Groups. Here’s a quick guide on how to enable (or disable) notifications:

Managing Notifications by Type (Posts, Replies, Direct Messages, Alerts)

1. Select the “Account” drop-down arrow on your Edmodo toolbar.
  2. Click the “Settings” option in the drop-down menu.
  3. Select the “Email and Text Updates” tab.

From this tab you can choose:

• Notification Type – Choose e-mail or text message from the dropdown to edit.
    • E-mail - Email notifications are sent to the email address associated with your Edmodo account.
    • Text Message – Enter your phone number and verify it to enable text alerts. (Note: Text notifications are only available for users in the U.S. and Canada.)
  • Notifications – Select which notifications you want to receive by checking the box located next to each option. Notifications are available for: alerts, notes, direct messages, replies, new group members and group join requests. Disable notifications by unchecking the box.

Be sure to hit save to apply your changes! Learn more in our Help Center.

Managing Notifications by Group

Notifications can be overwhelming, and it’s helpful to manage notifications by group:

1. Select the group from your group list
  2. Click on the “Group Notification Settings” link on the right panel of the group’s communication stream (below the group settings option).
  3. Select (or deselect) the “send notifications” option

Repeat for any other groups you would like to enable (or disable) notifications for. Learn more in our Help Center.

13 Responses to “Edmodo How-to: Managing Notifications”

1. Carmen says:

Can we disable direct messages altogether? I’d rather not receive direct messages from students and would prefer all questions etc to be posted on the wall.

2. Carmel says:

Hello, I have just downloaded the Edmodo app for my android however I do not receive mobile notifications for new posts from students or if new students join. Is there a way to rectify this? Also on my laptop new posts from students do not appear in my “new notifications” either. Any help would be greatly appreciated

3. Beckett says:

Hello folks.

I am having problems recieving notifications.

I have done all the troubleshooting I can imagine through the website, and have even emailed the tech support center, but to no avail.

My students get mad at me at times. Any suggestions?

Thanks

4. Carol says:

I do not have an account with Edmodo but apparently the person that had my phone number before me did. How can I disable these text messages coming to my phone? I am getting them at all hours of the early morning all through out the day.

5. Christina says:

How do I turn off the notifications on the android app?

6. Jennifer says:

I don’t mind my students posting but I would like to clear the wall every now and then. Is this possible?

7. Travis says:

I’ve recently changed phone numbers, and the new number is connected to this site. How can i get it to stop?

• Hi Travis – Click on the “Me” dropdown at the top right corner of your homepage, then select settings. On the left navigation panel you will see the option for email/text updates. Here is where you can change your phone number. If you have any additional questions, our support team is available to help at support@edmodo.com

8. Ethan says:

Why does the iOS app for iOS 6.1.3 not show the replies from other classmates to a post?