Edmodo How-to: Managing Notifications
Posted by: Lucia Giacomantonio
Notifications are a great way to keep a pulse on conversations happening in your Edmodo Groups. Here’s a quick guide on how to enable (or disable) notifications:
Managing Notifications by Type (Posts, Replies, Direct Messages, Alerts)
- Select the “Account” drop-down arrow on your Edmodo toolbar.
- Click the “Settings” option in the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Email and Text Updates” tab.
From this tab you can choose:
- Notification Type – Choose e-mail or text message from the dropdown to edit.
- E-mail - Email notifications are sent to the email address associated with your Edmodo account.
- Text Message – Enter your phone number and verify it to enable text alerts. (Note: Text notifications are only available for users in the U.S. and Canada.)
- Notifications – Select which notifications you want to receive by checking the box located next to each option. Notifications are available for: alerts, notes, direct messages, replies, new group members and group join requests. Disable notifications by unchecking the box.
Managing Notifications by Group
Notifications can be overwhelming, and it’s helpful to manage notifications by group:
- Select the group from your group list
- Click on the “Group Notification Settings” link on the right panel of the group’s communication stream (below the group settings option).
- Select (or deselect) the “send notifications” option