Edmodo How-to: Select Your School and Stay Connected

March 14th, 2013

Edmodo is a great place to connect with other educators and discover the cool ways they’re bringing digital content to the classroom. You can also stay in touch with teachers across your school and district.

Selecting your school on Edmodo helps you find teachers who are in your school or district and makes it even easier to expand your professional learning network (PLN).

Follow these easy steps to select your school on Edmodo:

1. Go to the “Account” dropdown and select “Settings”
  2. Click the “Choose School” or “Change School” button
  3. Select the country that your school is located in and search for your school by zip code, city/state or school name
  4. Choose your school from the list – if your school is listed more than once, select the school with a green check mark next to it.

You’re all set!  Here are a few commonly asked questions from our support team:

What if my school is not listed as an option?
If your school is not yet listed, click the “Add it here” button below the search results. Enter the information for your school and choose that school to add to your account.

My school or district has an Edmodo subdomain, what should I do to add my school?
If your school belongs to an Edmodo subdomain (e.g, has a unique Edmodo URL for you to log into such as SampleDistrict.edmodo.com), you must have the school code to associate your account with that school or district.  You can contact your district or school administrator to receive the code.

I teach at more than one school, can I add them all?
If you teach at more than one school, you can only choose one school. We recommend adding the additional schools to the “About Me” section of your profile (click on “Profile” next to “Account” on the top toolbar).

How do I change my selected school?
If you need to change your school, you can do so by following the same steps above – in step 2, select “Change School.”

13 Responses to “Edmodo How-to: Select Your School and Stay Connected”

1. Olivia says:

I tried to Address MY School severas times and I dont get it… :(

2. Olivia says:

Add & several…zorro ;)

3. Nancy Buenrostro says:

I am a EL TOSA or, in other words, a teacher on special assignment for English Learner Services. I service all the schools of the district for their English Learner needs. What do I put done for a school? I listed Oxnard School District, but I keep getting message saying Edmodo is going to close my account if I don’t identify my school. There are actually four of us in this position at the distict office. I signed up originally when at I worked at McKinna Elementary in the same district teaching 5th grade. I do not have that position any more.

4. terry Rodriguez says:

I’m not sure if I’m updated

5. Linda Morris says:

I have tried to add my school several times and it will not update. Anyone else struggling?

6. Yanitza says:

I can’t enter the school name. I’m doing the same steps but I can’t. Always said me that my email is already exists. Can someboby help me?

7. Ginny says:

I changed schools, but no matter what, it still says I go to my old school. Mainly, I can’t find a ‘change school’ button.

8. Luana de Conto says:

Hi,
    Is it possible to change your profile from teacher to student?
    I created my account on Edmodo when I used to be a teacher, but I’m a PhD student now and my professors do have groups which I’ve joined. It’s awkward because my status between the members of these groups is “Teacher” when it’s not the case.

Thanks,
    Luana.

9. Emily says:

I cannot change the school. There is no tab.