Edmodo How-to: Adding Your Twitter Feed to Your Edmodo Group

April 4th, 2013

Many of you have asked about adding your tweets into your Edmodo group stream. This is a great way to update your Twitter followers and your Edmodo group members at the same time. A great use-case example would be if you run a PLN group and you want to share interesting links, articles and resources with your Twitter followers as well as members of your PLN on Edmodo. Follow the steps below for a quick and easy solution.

Add Your Twitter Feed to Your Edmodo Group StreamRSSfeed

1. Visit http://feedtwit.com and sign in with your twitter account
  2. Add your twitter handle to the end of this link: http://feedtwit.com/f/your Twitter handle
    • Edmodo example: http://feedtwit.com/f/edmodo
  3. Copy the link
  4. Visit your Edmodo group and click the “settings” icon located next to the group name, then select the “Subscribe to RSS Feed” link in the drop down menu
  5. Paste the link from step 2 into the new subscription  box and hit subscribe

It’s as simple as that!

Note that it may take up to 24 hours to start seeing your tweets in your group stream.

9 Responses to “Edmodo How-to: Adding Your Twitter Feed to Your Edmodo Group”

1. Amy Pietrowski says:

I love the functionality of this, but I’m wondering if this can be done for just certain hashtags.

2. Brady says:

I like the feature. However, I find that the tweets push some of my assignment posts down before kids have a chance to see them. Is it possible to have the twitter feed placed in the right column as it is on this blog? I’ve often seen twitter feeds on the right side of websites and it’s useful. Thanks.

3. Alena says:

When I copy the link, it says the feed is invalid. I tried to type my Twitter handle with @ and without @. Neither work. What am I doing wrong?

• Trent says:

I am having the same problem. I know I have the right address because it works in other readers so it must be an Edmodo Problem. I will look for a solution or post the problem in the help community.

• Trent says:

This from Edmodo Support – Will Urich – Hi Trent – I just checked with our team and it appears as if Twitter recently has disabled a number of RSS feed functionality, including our site so this one appears to be on their backend.

4. mwmathsci says:

Most frustrating. This was a perfect way to have my students engage around class tweets without having their own account as well as stay up to date on the resources we follow to support class investigation.

5. Beth says:

Struggling with this… not reading my feed link? Suggestions?