EdmodoCon 2013: Call for Presenters Now Open

April 8th, 2013

We’re getting ready for EdmodoCon 2013!

EdmodoCon is our free annual online conference. Last year 12,000 educators from all 50 states and 117 countries registered for the event!

Save the Date
Please mark your calendars, this year’s event will be held on Wednesday, August 7, 2013.

Call for Presenters
Submit a proposal and share your Edmodo experience with our global community of educators. We welcome proposals from all educators, including administrators, technologists, media specialists, etc. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, May 1st at 5PM PT.

This year we would love to see a mix of proposals, such as using Edmodo for personalized learning, flipping classrooms, specific lessons for subject areas or case studies where you’ve delivered course material in innovative ways.

If you’re looking for inspiration, read about and watch last year’s EdmodoCon sessions.

What to Know Before You Submit
This year all selected presenters will present live from Edmodo headquarters in San Mateo, CA. Before submitting your proposal, please consider the following will apply if you are selected:

• Camera friendly - We’re live streaming the event and you will present on camera
  • Travel ready - You will present from Edmodo HQ in San Mateo, CA (both flight and accommodations will be paid for by Edmodo)
  • Two-days - You will need to be on-site at Edmodo HQ, Tuesday, August 6 – Wednesday, August 7, 2013

20 Responses to “EdmodoCon 2013: Call for Presenters Now Open”

1. Li Andy says:

I want to know when the result will be announced?

2. Steve says:

I have a question about the timing/dates–is there someone who I can contact with questions?

3. Li Andy says:

how many teachers will be invited?

4. Mokhudu says:

I would like to learn more and Im in South Africa. Im a teacher at a primary school teaching Maths, Lifeskills and Social Science in the Intermediate phase. Im using ICT in class although we are struggling with resources. You can visit our wiki @ http://mqoqiso.wikispaces.com

5. Kim says:

Can you apply with a co-presenter or are you only accepting applications for single presenters?

6. David Kopiyo says:

Iam a primary school teacher in Kenya. I have beean following your programmes for sometimes now and it looks very interesting. Can I be sponsored to attend the coming session

7. Dear Sir/Madam. I am Elliot Mashinini a teacher at Moletsane Secondary School in South Africa. My school is underesouced and I think using Edmodo will be the best solution because here we have a forum on line which can assist teachers and student with their daily problem. I’ll really like to attend your conference which may equip me to assist many neighbouring schools with Maths problems and other subjects. I am involved in different project at my school and community to uplift the standard of my students. Most of them they are from dissadvantaged families run by woman. I have started food garden at my school to assist students to sustain themselves and we also use the food garden for curriculum. Attending your conference will assist me to master how best my school can use Edmodo to change the lives of our students to excell academically. Thanking you in advance. Kind regards,Elliot Mashinini

8. Fatemeh says:

I am a PhD candidate in the university of Tehran, Iran. I research in the area of collaborative learning. Do you accept proposals which try to describe edmodo pros and cons as a social learning environment? Thanks.

9. Ashley Flores says:

How many proposals can be submitted per presenter?

10. Reina says:

Hi,
    We’d like to know if only teachers will be invited. What if we also have a developer on the team?

11. Linda Martin-Morris says:

Please update the “sometime in June” reference about when selections will be made. Thank you.

12. Azam says:

What time is it held on august 7th?Tell what hour it starts!GMT?