Edmodo Mobile Web Application

November 27th, 2009

The number one feature request we have received for Edmodo is an iPhone/iPod touch or mobile web app.   This is something that has been on our agenda since we launched Edmodo.  Tonight we would like to give everyone an early holiday present and announce the beta of the Edmodo Mobile Web Application at http://m.edmodo.com.

The Edmodo Mobile Web App has been designed to work with the iPod touch and iPhone at this time.  It may work on other platforms but they have not been tested as of yet.  The mobile web app is pretty basic and will be revised over time based on feedback from you.  In the web apps current form you can view posts, reply to posts, vote on polls, post new notes, and view what’s new in your spotlight.  The basic goal of our web app is to make it easier to post or reply to someone when your not sitting at a computer.

mobile-1

mobile-2

mobile-3

mobile-4

We would love to hear your thoughts about the Edmodo Mobile Web Application in the comments.  Let us know what you think and what kind of future enhancements you think we could make.

44 Responses to “Edmodo Mobile Web Application”

1. mrchan says:

Good stuff Edmodo, keep up with the cool features! This feature will drive more teachers to use Edmodo, especially us edtekkies. Can't wait to use it. Thanks.

2. Tim Hoffman says:

Looks good. I've used Edmodo on my iPhone to reply to student's questions in the past. It worked, but it wasn't easy. This should help quite a bit.

One thing. When I'm looking at the lists of notes I've sent, there's no way to distinguish which group I've sent each note to like there is on the standard website. Even color coding them would be helpful, if that's possible.

Thanks for continuing to improve upon Edmodo!

3. Russ Goerend says:

Looks great! How about a web clip icon for bookmarking to the home screen?

4. Linda704 says:

This is great! When/how can we get the app?

5. bknaus says:

Wow! http://m.edmodo.com, tested on Blackberry Curve, loads and I can log in but can't click on anything. Looks like Javascript on BB is suspect. Must. Get. iPod Touch!

6. Looks great. I am looking forward to watching the mobile version evolve the way the website has in the last year.

7. I was able to click on things using Opera mini on my BlackBerry and able to type a post up, but was unable to submit the post. iPod Touch works just fine.

8. Jeff O'Hara says:

Thomas, we may be able to get opera mini working properly. This is a beta and has only been tested with the iPhone/iPod Touch & Android web apps. This will be evolving and we are starting to plan a native iPhone/iPod touch app too.

9. Jeff O'Hara says:

Linda, this currently works on iPhones/iPod Touches, and Android. http://m.edmodo.com

10. Jeff O'Hara says:

Russ, we'll see if we can get a nice icon put together for when you create a bookmark on the home screen for iPhone/iPod Touch

11. Russ Goerend says:

Sounds good. Thanks, Jeff.

12. SweetLady says:

I think it's good idea to have like this thing, I'm so happy for this invention.. our life will become easier.. Thanks very much..

13. biancah80 says:

I'm so excited! I only searched 'edmodo' on iphone apps a couple of weeks ago only to be disappointed – now I'm stoked!

THANKS!

Helped present a session at an English Teachers Conference today on laptops and literature (run by @darcy1968) and we demonstrated the power of edmodo. Wish I'd known about the mobile app!

:-)

14. linda704 says:

OK, my ignorance showing here…how can I get it onto my iTouch? I've only ever added apps through iTunes.

15. Jeff O'Hara says:

Linda, open up safari on your ipod touch, then bookmark the page, then click “Add to home screen” to create an Edmodo icon on your ipod touch.

16. linda704 says:

Thanks! I'm all set and just sent a post! =D

17. Andrea M says:

It seems as if clicking the back arrow on my iPhone causes me to be logged out of the mobile edmodo site. A hard habit to break. Can this be changed?

18. Jeff O'Hara says:

Andrea, this is a behavior of mobile safari pulling up the cached login page, if you get back to the home screen by using the back button, hit refresh at the top you will still be logged in and taken back inside.

19. [...] Edmodo Mobile Web Application Beta Launch – Edmodo [...]

20. sheasmith says:

Just started playing with the new mobile web app today. Works flawlessly so far. Thanks, Jeff! I've told me students about it, too. And, I'm hoping to get some feedback from them as well.

21. Thank you, thank you, thank you. My students all have iPod touches that they use daily on edmodo. Finding the turn-in button has been difficult. They all tried out the web app today and loved the ease of use.

22. Todd says:

I would still like to advocate for a Blackberry app for this. I have a Blackberry as do several of my students, so for us, this would be really useful.

23. Todd says:

I would love to see a version of this for Blackberry; it's what I have as do several of my students. :)

24. anabuckmaster says:

For some reason, I can't sign in. I'm using the same username and password that I use for the computer and have entered it several times (very carefully!). Is anyone else having this issue? Might it have something to do with my settings in some way?

Thanks and keep up the great work!
    Ana

25. anabuckmaster says:

Thanks and keep up the great work!
    Ana

26. barrys says:

Just signed up as a teacher and posted to my own blog. This looks a promising app given thet the network team have blocked other social networks

27. craigh32 says:

Hi Edmodo:

I'm having ongoing problems logging on to both of my edmodo pages. The first page I use for my high school teaching the second I use for my graduate school class that I teach. Yesterday I reset my password (with your help) for my high school page. Initially I could get in but after I logged out, I could not get back in.

USERNAME: chaims
    linked to chaims@windhamraymondschools.org

The username for the graduate school course, I believe is
    craighaims

I need to reset the password for this account. This is either linked to chaims@windhamraymondschools or chaims32@gmail.com

Please help!

Best,

Craig Haims

28. chipmunk220 says:

Your web app is on my front page on iphone. My AP Euro students thank you… it allows me to be available for questions right before tests and major assignments without tying me to my house. You guys are awesome!!!

29. [...] at this point, but they’re working towards being a bit more mobile with an upcoming app for iPhone/iTouch (now in [...]

30. Darganbright says:

I would like to advocate for a blackberry app!

31. Monkeylovernikki says:

MAKE A BLACKBERRY APPLICATION ASAP PLEASE

32. P Horner says:

Edmodo is great and history class took to it like ducks to water. The mobile version does not work so great on Windows phone 7 – the page loads (in terms od the sign in page and the three tabs after that) but no content is displayed.

33. Zingpop says:

The app doesnt work when I log into it!!! I have to go onto the Internet on py iPod touch for it to work :(

34. Benabeth says:

No access for parents on the mobile?!

35. Tristian G says:

I woud request a Mobile update Like Facebook has, like if the teacher tells you you have to do turn in some work and you cant get to the computer at the moment it will update to your phone and you can turn in work from your phone and blog from your phone.

36. Rdonald14 says:

EDMODO FOR BLACKBERRY!!!!!!

37. Asyla says:

Great idea. I agree. Also, I would love if it would work for iPods too if it doesn’t already. (Does it?)

38. Mobile Web says:

Hello there, I found your website via Google whilst searching for a similar subject, your site got here up, it appears to be like great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

39. Zachary says:

When will it be available for Nokia 822 windows phones.

40. Derek says:

Need to make a Windows Phone 8 app ASAP, I find the website very useful but it woudl help me more if there was an app on my phone!

41. Carl Stoltz says:

My learners have mostly Blackberry’s. In South Africa its the most affordable phone to have with regards to internet connection.

Please bring a Blackberry App??!!!???