Parent Accounts Now Available
Posted by: Edmodo
Parent Accounts are now available on Edmodo. With Parent Accounts, teachers can:
- Exchange messages and maintain open-communication with parents.
- Provide direct access to grades and assignments.
- Send notifications to parents about upcoming due dates and missed assignments.
- Alert families to school events and activities.
Registering parents is similar to student registration, with one additional security measure – each family will need their own unique parent code to register. This is to ensure that parents can only interact with you and with their child.
To get started:
- Login to edmodo.com.
- Hover your cursor over your Class group until the menu appears, then select Members to open your class.
- Select the Parent Code icon for any of your students on the right side of the page.
- Select Download All. This will download an excel spreadsheet of all of the parent codes for your class.
- Parent Accounts Email: Send an email to parents with details on how to get started. We’ve provided some sample text to help you get started.
The Parent Account User Guide provides further information on Parent Accounts and we recommend that you direct parents to the resources on Help.Edmodo.com for more information on how to use the service.
We are looking forward to finding new ways to engage parents in classroom activities through Edmodo Parent Accounts – I hope you enjoy this new feature!