One of the easiest ways to share all of the documents and resources with a group, big or small, is to use the library in Edmodo. Instead of passing around a usb drive, sharing a folder on your school server, or typing in each email address in Google Docs to share the resources that your classroom or professional development group need, simply create a group in Edmodo and post a single message containing every resource that they will need.
You are not limited just to files you have on your computer, either. You can attach links to valuable websites, embed videos for reflection and explanation, and even include flash games for further reinforcement and differentiation. Anything that is on the web, you can share within your group.
Because you are sharing things with your group in Edmodo, every one of those links go directly into the library. That means that any time a new group member joins, they will see those things show up in their libraries automatically. You don’t have to re-share the resources or worry that some members of the group came in a day or a week later. Everything in the library is saved and accessible from any computer connected to the internet.
To get you started on using groups for sharing sets of documents and resources, here are a few ideas that we have seen around the Edmodo community:
- Sharing the latest assessment data with the entire school.
- Sharing a set of rubrics or project templates with your class.
- Sharing an entire unit’s worth of digital handouts with your department.
- Sharing a set of professional development videos with your team.
- Sharing the links to every website that your library has a subscription to.
- Sharing the learning objectives and just-in-time resources to teach those learning objectives across your district.
Create your group. Share your resources in a note. Share the group code with anyone who needs it.
Oh, and leave a comment on this blog post if you are using groups in interesting ways for resource sharing or anything else. We love hearing from the community about interesting and powerful practice.