Next week, “educators nationwide will have first-row access to Common Core State Standards (CCSS) experts during Pearson’s Common Core Virtual Conference. The four-day conference, available free of charge, will include a range of virtual panels, presentations and interactive demonstrations for teachers, administrators, and parents from key authors and architects of the new principles.”
We’re pleased to be partnering with Pearson to provide participants with an online community for backchanneling during conference sessions. In the Edmodo community for the Pearson Common Core Virtual Conference, you’ll be able to discuss the presentations, download session materials, share content, and network with other virtual conference attendees.
To join the Pearson Common Core Standards Community on Edmodo:
1. Sign up for Edmodo: If you are not yet an Edmodo member, go to Edmodo.com and select “I’m a Teacher” to register for free.
2. Join the general Pearson Community: Edmodo.com/Commoncore. This area of the community will provide general conference updates and is a great place to introduce yourself and post messages and materials relevant to the conference overall.
3. Join individual Session Groups: To join an individual group so you can backchannel during the keynotes, you’ll need a six digit Edmodo code. For this virtual conference, each of the sessions can be found in the PearsonVC Group Codes spreadsheet.
- On the left side of your Edmodo homepage, under Groups, select “Join”
- Type the six digit code for the session group you want to join.
- That group will now appear on your group list on the left side of the page.
That’s all you need to get started! We’ll keep you updated with group codes for each session as they begin via twitter #CommonCore. We hope you are able to join us for this valuable event!