EdmodoCon2011 — Wednesday August 10th – the first annual one-day global virtual conference for educators. Our goal is for EdmodoCon to become a global gathering of educators who believe in the power of collaboration and social media to improve education worldwide. Educators from all over the world will come together to celebrate the creative ways you are using Edmodo in the classroom, learn new ideas that you can use immediately, and challenge each other and the Edmodo team to think way beyond our existing ideas of social learning.
Edmodo exists today because of the feedback and input of our educator community. EdmodoCon will too! So bring your best ideas – and get ready to share!
EdmodoCon is designed for:
• Teachers in all disciplines
• Computer technology coordinators
• K-12 administrators
• Staff Developers and Teacher trainers
• Curriculum developers
Please submit a 1-2 paragraph explanation of your topic, the category, and a brief bio about yourself (hint: Edmodo profile!)
• Edmodo in Action! 20 and 40 Minute showcases that provides a specific example of how you have used Edmodo and other tools to reinvigorate learning in your classroom. Grade Levels: k-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12, All subject areas considered. (Special consideration for units of study, project based learning, and super cool things that make us go “ooooh!!!”).
• Edmodo Integration: Breakout sessions that will allow educators to discuss and share all of the digital tools you use with Edmodo. Whether Glogster, Espresso Elementary videos, Quizlet, or one of the many other digital tools that integrate with Edmodo – show what you know!
• ThinkTank: Do you have a visionary idea or thoughts on the future of social learning in education? This 20 minute presentation may be your opportunity to share it with the Edmodo community around the world!
* Pot Luck: Have a great idea, but it doesn’t exactly fit into one of these categories — we’d love to hear it!
Edmodo Road Show: Planning to join EdmodoCon from your school? If you have at least 20 teachers joining – let us know! You may get a visit from members of the Edmodo team!
All proposals should be submitted to email@example.com.