So we snuck in a midnight release last night! Looks like many of you have already jumped in and started playing around with quizzes. Tomorrow morning we’ll post a more detailed entry specifically focused on Quizzes, but this afternoon we want to give you a quick review of the new features we rolled out last night:
1. Quizzes: By popular demand, now you can create, assign and grade assessments using your own multiple choice, fill in the blank, short answer and True False questions. Although our goal was to make it as simple and user friendly as possible, the new quiz feature has a lot of deeper functionality that we hope will make your assessments richer, while providing you greater efficiencies. These features include: Ability to Re-take quizzes, Time limits, summary chart for each student’s quiz results, LaTex support (markup language for Math equations), and much much more.
2. Updated Help Center: We’ve redesigned the help center to provide you with easier access to the information you need, when you need it. We’ll be updating the help center regularly with new information and content, so be sure to check it out regularly.
3. Communities: Based on feedback from teachers that they want communities to be a safe place to ask questions, share experiences and learn from each other, communities can now only be viewed by teachers and our publisher partners. You’ll notice the link to communities is no longer available from student pages.
4. About Us: We’ve given our public pages a fresh new look. Get to know a bit more about the Edmodo team — and feel free to click on our profile pics to link directly with any of us in Edmodo!
5. Profile Photo-Cam: Don’t have a pic for your profile? No problem. You can now take a picture right from your Edmodo settings page. Simply select Account > Settings and you’ll see a “Take a Photo” link right about the profile picture area.
Hopefully this will provide a quick primer on the new features — stay tuned this week for more details and discussion on these new features! As always — please share your feedback!