It’s been a great year here at Edmodo – we released a slew of new features, held our first user conference, launched our first Featured Blogger series and much much more! To recap the year, we wanted to share with you the most read blog posts of the year. Which was your favorite?
11. It was only last month that we announced our Join Group URL feature and quiz enhancements including weighted questions, partial credit and question banks. The release was a big hit among users, and it is our 11th most read post of the year – New Release: Join Group URL, More Quiz Enhancements and Greek Language.
10. This year we held our first global user conference, EdmodoCon. The event was a success with over 2,000 attendees from 51 countries around the world. The recorded sessions were released shortly after the conference and the blog post announcing this holds the number 10 spot in our countdown – EdmodoCon 2011: Educator Toolkit and Recorded Sessions.
9. In August we announced our District Spotlight webinar series. Seven school districts from around the country participated to share insights on topics like mobile learning, global networks and online professional development. The blog post announcing our series is the 9th most read post of the year – District Spotlight Webinar Series.
8. The next post was all about ensuring safe and secure usage of Edmodo in your classrooms. It spread like wildfire in the Edmodo community to become our 8th most read post of the year – 4 Edmodo Best Practices Every Teacher Should Follow.
Everyone loves to learn about new and creative ways to use Edmodo in the classroom, and thats why it’s no surprise that the 7th, 6th and 5th most read posts are all about the ways you are using Edmodo in your classrooms!
4. The success of EdmodoCon continues to show in our top read blog posts of the year. Our number 4 spot in the countdown was the announcement that EdmodoCon Registration Is Now Open.
3. There are so many great resources being shared in the Edmodo Communities, particularly materials to help educators roll out Edmodo in their classroom. Our number 3 post highlights some of these materials – Teacher Rollout Resources.
2. Holding the number 2 spot is yet another EdmodoCon-related blog post. We put out a call for speakers and we were blown away with the number of educators interested. When we announced the 21 speakers selected and the topics they were presenting on, it became the 2nd most read blog post of the year – EdmodoCon 2011 Presentation Schedule.
1. Now for our most read blog post of 2011! [Drum roll…] We know that your Professional Learning Network (PLN) is critical to both your professional success and personal satisfaction as an educator. The most read post of the year was a new feature release that was all about supporting you in creating your PLN – New Release: Make new Connections with Teacher Profiles and Spotlight Updates.
Thanks for a wonderful year, we’re looking forward to providing you with more great content on the Edmodo Blog in 2012!