Google Docs Integration is Now Available

March 16th, 2012

Today we’re please to announce that Google Docs has been integrated into Edmodo. This highly requested feature allows you to sync your Google Docs with your Edmodo Library so you can easily access and share your Google Docs with your Edmodo groups.

Here are a few ways you can take advantage of the new integration:

• Share: Sync your Google Docs to your Edmodo library and easily share them with your groups or other Edmodo connections. You can also add your Google Docs to shared folders.
  • Collaborate: Group members can open shared Google docs from the Edmodo stream and all edits will automatically save. Host a backchannel through the Edmodo group for added collaboration.
  • Go Paperless: Create a paperless classroom by using Google Docs for assignments and submitting them through Edmodo.

As always, we’d love to hear your feedback on this new feature. Please post your comments to our Support Community.

Learn more about setting up Google Docs in Edmodo.

34 Responses to “Google Docs Integration is Now Available”

1. mrs stading says:

yes! cant wait to work with this!

2. Justin Martin says:

THAT IS AWESOME!

3. zetty says:

Thanks for making my life easier.. Can’t wait to use this. Will definitely share with my students !!

4. Wow! Been waiting for this one for awhile. Great news!

5. Alex Bellars says:

Fantastic! You just keep getting better & better…

6. Awesome feature!

Great integration! :)

But, I’ve got a question… Will be direct messages with parents restored soon? My parents miss that feature a lot, a lot, a lot…. :S

Thanks for your work! :D

7. marivel878 says:

i just wish this was available to all students…

8. Mr_Withey says:

This has just completed my circle!

Chrome browser, Google Apps for Edu,
    Google docs sync for MS Office, Edmodo with Google Docs sync
    Moodle and Mahara on a cloud based android platform.

My school has just landed into the 21st century.

Thank you Edmodo for making my job an absolute pleasure.

9. Luv2Ride says:

Been waiting for this for a few years now. Way to go Edmodo!

10. Jenn Regruth says:

Yay! Can’t wait to get this going!

11. Vivian Alforque says:

Excellent! An added option for making life easier for the academe. Thanks!

12. Bill Parsons says:

This is an excellent addition to the Edmodo instructional tools.

13. saihaynes says:

Great well done for all the great work, Id also like to know when parent—-teacher messaging will be restored!?!

14. ga says:

Excellent! You are doing a great job, however, I can’t find the attach button you mention.
    Thanks!

15. Congratulations!!!.Great integration. All teachers use Google Doc and now We can work in our clasroom with Edmodo and doc integrated.Good idea and good notice,right? Go ahead Team Edmodo.

16. Amaia Irazusta says:

Great! I think this feature is absolutely fantastic and makes everything easier!
    Thank you very much from the Basque Country
    Eskerrik asko

17. Melissa says:

Yippee! This is so great! Super excited! :)

Thank you Edmodo team!

18. Dave Baudry says:

Great…
    I’ll give it a try.

19. Vitori says:

¡Qué avance!
    Muchísimas gracias al equipo. Os lo agradecemos desde el equipo.

20. [...] Edmodo and GoogleDocs Share this:Print & PDFFacebookTwitterStumbleUponRedditLike this:LikeBe the first to like this [...]

21. Rick Stevens says:

Our district switched over to Google Apps for Education this year. Every student has a Gmail account as well as every teacher. This is the missing secret sauce in collaboration and assignments. Great news!!

22. Matt says:

This works so well!!! Thanks

23. Aly says:

LOVE this. I just ran a test with it, and I have a few questions. The student I tested with also synced GDocs to her Edmodo account. When I shared a doc and she tried to open it, she got the message that she did not have permission. I changed the privacy on the doc to “anyone with the link” and then she was able to see it. Whether or not I checked the “allow user to edit” button in Edmodo, she was not able to edit the doc — she only saw the view-only version. I assume now that I still have to have all the share settings established in GDocs before I share items via Edmodo. If that is the case, I am trying to figure out how this makes things easier. My students are already accustomed to going to their GDocs list to get the items that I want them to open/make a copy of/edit/etc. I like the Edmodo allows me to add a note to the doc as I hand it out, but beyond that, I’m not sure what the benefit is. I am more than willing to be convinced, though, if anyone wants to give me the insight! :)

24. Anna says:

can someone please tell me how to sync them???? im horribly confused!!

25. Melanie says:

Thanks! That help doc was just what I needed!

26. Imane says:

It’s very helpful !!
    Viva Edmodo and Viva Google !!

27. waiting for this one for awhile. Great news!

28. Diana Davrainville says:

I am getting some docs. from my teacher and I cannot bring them up at all What am I doing wrong I am missing a lot of my assignments because of this problem I need help Diana Davrainville

29. Jason D'argent says:

Hi, I am trying to integrate my Google Apps EDU drive with Edmodo and it simply does not allow me to, keeps reloading the page with the connect button….