Video: CEO Nic Borg’s Presentation at SXSWedu

March 20th, 2012

Earlier this month Edmodo CEO and co-founder, Nic Borg, addressed the crowd at the closing of SxSWedu in Austin to announce the Edmodo API. Watch the live recording to hear Nic discuss the state of education, learn about new upcoming features and get a sneak peek at the Edmodo platform.

For more information about the Edmodo API visit edmodo.com/platform.

9 Responses to “Video: CEO Nic Borg’s Presentation at SXSWedu”

1. David E. O'Hara says:

Well done Nic.
    Edmodo continues to amaze me.
    Continued success to the whole Edmodo team.

2. Erin says:

I can’t explain how much Edmodo has changed my teaching. It was the one thing that I had been searching for for years and could never find or afford.

Thank you so much and I look forward to all of the new features that are being developed. (Everything in that video looked soo cool!!)

Unlike other programs/apps that make improvements that are unnecessary, Edmodo always seems to know what I want before I want it. I know that’s because they always listen to teachers. I love that!

Thank you Edmodo! You are the best!

3. Great presentation, Nic.
    I think your partners are going to be amazed at the suggestions and ideas coming from the educators that use their tools. Edmodo has known this from the start.

4. Wow! I too am amazed and excited to what’s ahead for Edmodo users. My students at Amherst Middle School, NY have loved Edmodo since I began using it in 2010. Best wishes for continued success!

5. Terry Borg says:

It’s very satisfying and awesome when your children become your teacher. The next generation is in good hands. Way to go son. You make us proud.

6. [...] Edmodo Coming hot off the press and conference proceedings at SXSWedu, CEO Nic Borg sets the bar to help build a community model which helps leverage social media advantages and [...]

7. Vivian Alforque says:

I am presenting partly edmodo at the nsta conference as a tool of learning.

8. Tammy says:

Hello,
    We are current;y using Edmodo as our LMS for grades 4-6 at our school. We are a small independent elementary school in Atlanta. We are in the planning stages of deploying 40 iPads for a 1:1 initiative. While I realize that there are so many options as it relates to workflow on the iPad it would be great to have access to many of the necessary tools in our LMS- our learning community. I have read about your new imitative for spring and I am very excited. Have your developers given any thought to the students having the ability to annotate their assignments on Edmodo, the ability to email not necessarily outside the domain but many of the apps require an email account. We are anxiously awaiting the updates. Thanks so much for such a great product!
    Tammy

• luciagia says:

Hi Tammy – Thanks for your comment. Currently teachers can annotate assignments, however, students cannot annotate each others assignments. We do have Google Docs integration built in, which allows users to share a google doc within Edmodo, so that students can collaborate on it.
      As for email – one of the main advantages of Edmodo Apps is that it provides single sign on. If there is an app in the Edmodo Store that you want to use for your classroom, students can sign on with their Edmodo account (which does not require an email address).
      I will certainly pass your feedback along. Thanks again and good luck with your iPad deployment!