How to Organize Your Edmodo Library

May 16th, 2012

The Edmodo Library is a great place to collect resources to use in your classroom. These can be files (of any format), links, videos, images, etc. To help you make the most of your Edmodo Library, here are four tips for organizing your library:

Create Folders
Folders are an excellent way to organize resources in your library. You can create folders for each group/course, project, unit of study or activity you hold in your classroom. Learn more about creating folders.

Order Content
After you’ve added resources to your folders, you can re-order them by dragging and dropping the items into the order you prefer. Please note that this can only be done within folders. Your library is organized in reverse chronological order.

Rename Folders
Edit or rename a folder by selecting the folder from the left panel, then placing your cursor on the folder name located at the top of the page, just above the “Play View” button. Once you’ve made your changes, select the green checkmark to save them.

Copy Shared Folders
If you find great resources from other educators within a shared folder, you easily copy that folder. To do this:

1. Create a new folder.
  2. Select the “Shared with me” link located below the “New” folder icon.
  3. Select the group where the shared folder was located, then select the folder that has the content you want to copy.
  4. Select each piece of content you want to copy.
  5. On the right panel, select folder and choose the folder where you want to copy the info to.

Don’t forget that you can find great content for your folders through Edmodo Communities! Visit the subject area communities to see what valuable resources other educators are sharing. Visit the Publisher Communities to find digital content and resources offered by education publishers. (Select the “Collection” link on the left panel of any Publisher community to view the content.)

51 Responses to “How to Organize Your Edmodo Library”

1. Ari says:

I’d like this option: when you create a group, Edmodo automatically creates a folder with the same name AND shares it with the group. Now you must do it manually, though it’s more a rule than an exception that you will create such a folder – sooner or later.
    Another thing: shared folders should stand out more than now, newbies easily miss them.

2. Laura says:

how do you make subfolders?

3. Florence says:

can we create folders inside folders? I could not –
    result: I’ve got a million folders in my library….
    :0{

4. Clemons says:

Since I teach on an A day B day block I’ve been looking for something to group my students and this is a great way to accomplish this goal.

5. Profewizer says:

Are the quizzes that I create automatically saved somewhere? I’m asking because I tried to save them to my library before archiving my classes. When I archive my class, will I still have access to the quizzes/assignments created.

6. William says:

it would be great to share your library with Co-Teachers

7. Peyton says:

I am finding that I cannot use the Upload button when trying to upload images from my iPad.

• luciagia says:

There is a “camera” button at the top. You must first add the image to your library, then you can add them as an attachment. If you’re still having issues, contact our support team and they can assist.

8. jasmine says:

How can I delete things from my edmodo library?

9. Laura says:

Can members of a group access my library? Seems like a no-brainer. i just loaded up my library with resources, but members of a particular group have empty libraries when they join the group…they don’t seem to have access to mine…

10. Craig says:

Can you rename an item inside the library? If so, how do you go about doing it?

11. Cheryl says:

When I upload to an album, are my items automatically only visible to me, or are they visible to everyone in the entire group?

12. Bryce Blackmore says:

Being able to share resources between teachers would be a great idea.

13. Mary D says:

Is it possible to add a link to my library using the Edmodo app on my iPad? It is grayed out when I try to add one.

14. Baetty says:

I have shared folders but my students cannot see the shared folder in their group home. What should I do? I have follow all the sharing library procedure…

15. Antonio says:

Is it possible to share folders among students?

16. AlWen says:

I’m not sure how to update a file. I tried deleting the file and reuploading, but the file had a 2 after the name. I tried again, but it had a 3 after it. Is there a way to choose the name you’re uploading it with?

17. Caroline says:

Can you upload the contents of a folder or do you have to upload document by document

18. Barto says:

HI,
    My teacher has shared one folder but some students didn’t see it. Why don’t they see it ? Thanks

19. Suzie Null says:

I wish edmodo would let me make folders within folders. I’d like to have a folder for each class, and then all of their different folders inside that, and then folders for sub-topics inside those.

I also wish edmodo let me pick the order folders are listed in.

20. Project says:

Could you please make subfolders possible?

21. Gillian Wilson says:

I second that. Not being able to create subfolders is a real stumbling block.

22. manavs shah says:

where is the library

23. Peter Fox says:

No sub-folders is almost a deal breaker. My folders will get really big and messy. I try and teach my students to organise their work, but I am showing something that is really disorgranised. :-(

24. Bryan says:

Hello, I understand that folders I create are private to me, and that I can share a folder to a group I wish. So I can share class documents that students may download. My question is, once a student downloads for example a “Student Information Sheet”, can he/she upload that document to a folder that may only be viewed or is private to me (the teacher)? Thanks.

25. Gwynnevyre XD Pepper says:

This is really cool and a great help for me, Thanks! :-)

26. Ben says:

A tag function would be extremely useful for organising files and folders, for both students and teachers alike.

27. Mac says:

Please, for the love of God, make subfolders possible, and fix the app to link to Google docs. It takes 10 years to assign Google docs to folders. These are the two biggest glitches with the website that if fixed would make this site the best way to communicate with students.

28. Sarah says:

I have several co-teachers for my course. How do they add content to the course Folders?

29. David says:

Is it possible to make a folder into which students can upload work?

30. Anne Lyon says:

How do I delete a specific file from a folder? I also second the need for sub folders!

31. Denise Orand says:

No way to organize without subfolders. I love the ease of sharing in edmodo but I cannot begin to organize without subfolders.