How to Organize an EdmodoCon Viewing Party
Posted by: Lucia Giacomantonio
EdmodoCon 2012 is just around the corner and if you’re planning to participate, consider hosting an EdmodoCon viewing party!
A viewing party is a fun way to promote learning and bring live discussions into a virtual event. It’s also a great opportunity to gather your colleagues for a full day of professional development sessions from one location.
If you’re interested in organizing a viewing party, here are some tips to help you get started:
Before the event:
- Find an appropriate venue. Be sure to have a large monitor or projection screen where everyone can view the event.
- Invite your colleagues. Send a quick email or better yet, start an Edmodo group that everyone can join to talk about the event.
- Stock up on coffee and snacks for the big day.
Day of the event:
- Be sure your colleagues bring their laptops, ipads or good old fashion pen and paper to take notes.
- Appoint someone as a moderator to post questions to the presenter (via webex).
- Send us feedback. We want to know how your party went and what you thought about EdmodoCon 2012. We’d also love to see some pictures from your party!
Already planning a viewing party? Tell us about it! And feel free to share any other party organizing tips in the comments below.
Stay tuned for the schedule of events posted later this week.