Today, Edmodo is excited to announce a partnership with Common Sense Media, a national non-profit dedicated to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology. As part of our partnership, we have created a new resource for educators, the “Digital Citizenship Starter Kit,” which includes a series of activities and lessons designed to introduce digital citizenship concepts right in Edmodo. All lessons are based on Common Sense Media’s free K-12 Digital Literacy and Citizenship curriculum.
The free Digital Citizenship Starter Kit is available via the Digital Citizenship Community and covers important topics: Internet safety and security, privacy, plagiarism, and cyberbullying.
Download the Digital Citizenship Starter Kit
1. Follow the Digital Citizenship Community on Edmodo
2. Read the Digital Citizenship Intro Letter (featured in the community) to get an overview of the Starter Kit elements
3. Visit the Community Collection to download the starter kit or add it to your Edmodo Library. The kit has two parts:
- Getting Started: Download the “We the Digital Citizens Pledge” poster for your classroom, and complete the Digital Citizenship Pledge lesson with your students
- Digital Citizenship Modules: Locate the appropriate folder (Elementary, Middle or High School) to download the 5 digital citizenship lessons for your classroom. Each lesson includes an Edmodo activity to get the conversation started with your students, as well as a deeper lesson plan from Common Sense Media.
Stay tuned for additional activities that will be posted in the community leading up to New York Digital Citizen Day!