The holidays are just around the corner and the Edmodo Communities are buzzing with activities and resources! Check out some of the great ideas we found and visit the communities to see more:
- Holiday Storyboard Project – Students make a storyboard of a classic children’s picture book on poster (could also use technology instead of poster board). Highlighter rubrics and instructions included. Shared by Mrs. Ward
- Video Greeting – Have students make a “holiday” greeting to their families using Movie Maker and digital cameras. They can email it to family anywhere they would like. Shared by Ms. Symes
- Create a holiday brochure including the history of the holiday and where it’s celebrated, a poem, a recipe, a joke and a game associated with the holiday. Shared by Mrs. Gargus
- Leverage holiday shopping as a way to teach students about adding and subtracting large numbers. – Shared by Ms. Mims
- Collaborate on a Holidays Around the World unit to help students learn about other cultures. – Shared by Mrs. Stone
- Mrs. Holzweiss has shared a collection of free holiday fun sites.
If you have any you’d like to share, visit one of the Edmodo Communities and post yours!