Edmodo Communities are a great place to connect with other educators to share resources and best practices. Leveraging your network on Edmodo enables you to surface the best resources to meet the needs of your classroom.
With the year coming to an end, we took at look at the top 20 tools and resources that were shared in 2012. Check out the list below and join an Edmodo Community to share your favorite tools with other educators!
Top 20 Shared Resources and Tools:
- KhanAcademy.org – Access a library of videos covering K-12 math and science topics. (Tip: Videos are also available within the Khan Community on Edmodo)
- Wordle.net – Generate word clouds from text you provide.
- Youtube.com – Watch and share videos.
- Prezi.com – A presentation tool to help you organize and share your ideas.
- Quizlet.com – Provides learning tools to help students study.
- MLA Formatting and Style Guidelines from Purdue.edu
- Glogster EDU – Make interactive posters and share them with your Edmodo group.
- Dance Mat Typing from BBC helps students learn to type.
- The Scale of the Universe 2 – Offers a neat way to visualize the universe.
- CoolMath.com – A popular destination for learning math in a fun way.
- Brainpop.com – Access hundreds of standards-aligned animated movies, quizzes, games, and activities that span all subject areas.
- Spellingcity.com – Game-based study of literacy skills using any word list.
- Easybib.com – A site for citation, note taking, and research tools.
- Studyisland.com – Provides standards-based instructional, practice, assessment, and productivity tools.
- Subtext.com – Enables classroom groups to interact in the pages of ebooks and digital documents. (Tip: Also available as an app in the Edmodo Store!)
- Bubbl.us – Create colorful mindmaps to print or share with others.
- Drawastickman.com – Draw a custom stickman and watch him come to life in an interactive adventure.
- Create a graph with this site from The National Center for Education Statistics
- Grammar Ninja – Sentence creator from Kwarp.com
- Tagxedo.com – Create visually appealing word clouds.
Note: Many of these sites offer sharing options, making it simple to embed the content in your Edmodo groups!