We’re including an overview of the updated terms below and you can find the full text on our website. They go into effect on Friday, January 4, 2013.
- Clearly Worded. We don’t think you should need a law degree to read and understand terms of service.
- We introduced new headers and split the entire document into digestible pieces. Now you can easily jump between sections and find commonly requested information.
- Easily Understood. We wanted to make sure that you understand your rights while using Edmodo. Of particular importance:
- You continue to retain ownership of your content.
- You’re only granting limited rights to your content, in connection with the Edmodo services.
- Based on your Feedback. We reviewed common support questions to surface areas where our terms of service needed to be clearer.
- Information about COPPA compliance is now easier to find and easier to understand.
- We now more clearly explain what happens if you delete your Edmodo account.
- Our basic services have always been and will always be free. This will never change.
- Current users will receive an email notifying them of the changes, as well as an in-app notification.
- New users will be required to accept the new terms during the signup process.
- On mobile apps, the new terms will be displayed within the respective app stores, but no additional action will be required by you.