A Guide to Getting Started With Edmodo

June 28th, 2013

Whether you’re new to Edmodo or you’ve been a part of community for some time, we want you to make the most your Edmodo experience. For those looking to learn how to use Edmodo over the summer, here is a guide to help you get started!

If you just created an account, a great way to get started is to attend one of our bi-weekly webinars. Webinars are free and take place every Tuesday and Thursday - sign up here. If you cannot make it to a live session, you can always watch a recorded session.

Getting Started

If you’re anxious to get started right away, here are three things you should do after your create your free account:

1. Create your groups & Invite Students

• Groups make it easy to distribute notes, assignments and quizzes, and provide a way for your students to communicate and collaborate. You can make a separate group for each class, period, or activity group in your school.
  • Adding students is super easy. Once you create a group, you will be given a unique group code to share with your students. Students can use the code to create their Edmodo account, and they will automatically be entered into that group.

2. Connect with like-minded teachers

• Edmodo enables you to connect with other teachers similar to you, without leaving your classroom! You can join communities based on your subject area interests and curriculum of choice.
  • These communities are a great place to ask questions, get advice, exchange ideas and share resources. You can get started by browsing through Communities tab and learn more about the ones that interest you. Learn more here.

3. Build your resources

• Your Edmodo library is your virtual thumb drive that you can access anywhere and share with anyone. No more having to send yourself emails. The Edmodo Library has unlimited space and allows you to store, organize and manage documents, all within your Edmodo account.
  • You can add any type of file or web links to your library. To help stay organized, you can place your library content into folders. Here’s how to get started with your very own library.

Ideas for Using Edmodo

Once you have your groups set up and you know your way around Edmodo, check out some of the creative ways you can use Edmodo in the classroom:

Asking for Help

At Edmodo, we want to make sure you are always able to find the help you need. In addition to our Help Center, our award-wining support team along with our 50 dedicated support ambassadors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions and help you navigate Edmodo. Post your help questions in the Support Community.

19 Responses to “A Guide to Getting Started With Edmodo”

1. LTUNYA says:

I would like to know how to find a help group so I can get the badge for attending etc. other than that, I started using Edmodo one week ago and my summer institute kids loved it. I will fully implement the program next school year.

2. Zoraida says:

Thank you very much for the information. I tried last school year and I could not make it. I teach Spanish and I think that edmodo would be perfectfor 6 graders. If you have some ideas let me know I will be more than happy to put them in practice. Thank you for this place.
    Ms Miyar

• Edmodo says:

Thank you Ms. Miyar, we are happy to hear from you. For the fastest response, I would like to invite you to post your questions, ideas, or requests on our support community page. We are available 24/7 to help you make the most of Edmodo: http://www.edmodo.com/home#/community/support

You may also want to check out our Spanish Users support group here: http://www.edmodo.com/home#/join/ef47976696bd164a07130d4721bc3010

If you would like your students to use Edmodo in Spanish you can have them switch their language to Spanish at any time by clicking the little flag for Spain in the bottom of the account. They can then set it back to English for their other courses by clicking the US flag at the bottom of the page.

3. Lisa Mims says:

Here is my Scoopit on Edmodo. Full of lots of great ideas. Hope it helps!

4. vasanth peter says:

I need help to set up some activities for my lower elementary music room., can anyone help

5. nia says:

I want to sign up for an account, it requires a group code to sign up, how should i make a group code?

6. Haili says:

I would like to know if students can access my library items or if I have to individually post them every time? Thanks!

7. Haili says:

I also would like to know if I have an app, how do students gain access to it? Thanks!

8. Barb says:

I am a parent user on Edmodo. Somehow my language preference has been changed from English to French. Does anyone know how to change it back to Engilsh? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

9. Alex says:

I am doing my assignment on edmodo. And my teacher says that it should be posted as a folder.
    Can I send a more than one files? Thank you for your help. Please reply immediately.

10. Tommy says:

Is there a way I can add a batch of students at once instead of giving students an access code?