A Guide to Getting Started With Edmodo
Posted by: Lucia Giacomantonio
Whether you’re new to Edmodo or you’ve been a part of community for some time, we want you to make the most your Edmodo experience. For those looking to learn how to use Edmodo over the summer, here is a guide to help you get started!
Sign Up for an Intro Webinar
If you just created an account, a great way to get started is to attend one of our bi-weekly webinars. Webinars are free and take place every Tuesday and Thursday - sign up here. If you cannot make it to a live session, you can always watch a recorded session.
If you’re anxious to get started right away, here are three things you should do after your create your free account:
- Groups make it easy to distribute notes, assignments and quizzes, and provide a way for your students to communicate and collaborate. You can make a separate group for each class, period, or activity group in your school.
- Adding students is super easy. Once you create a group, you will be given a unique group code to share with your students. Students can use the code to create their Edmodo account, and they will automatically be entered into that group.
- Edmodo enables you to connect with other teachers similar to you, without leaving your classroom! You can join communities based on your subject area interests and curriculum of choice.
- These communities are a great place to ask questions, get advice, exchange ideas and share resources. You can get started by browsing through Communities tab and learn more about the ones that interest you. Learn more here.
- Your Edmodo library is your virtual thumb drive that you can access anywhere and share with anyone. No more having to send yourself emails. The Edmodo Library has unlimited space and allows you to store, organize and manage documents, all within your Edmodo account.
- You can add any type of file or web links to your library. To help stay organized, you can place your library content into folders. Here’s how to get started with your very own library.
Ideas for Using Edmodo
Once you have your groups set up and you know your way around Edmodo, check out some of the creative ways you can use Edmodo in the classroom:
- Here are 20 ways to use Edmodo. Many more ideas are shared by our amazing members in the Edmodo Communities.
- These Edmodo mini-lessons can be used as unit activators, morning work, or simply a short activity to help your students get started with Edmodo.
Asking for Help
At Edmodo, we want to make sure you are always able to find the help you need. In addition to our Help Center, our award-wining support team along with our 50 dedicated support ambassadors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions and help you navigate Edmodo. Post your help questions in the Support Community.