Try Out The New Edmodo App for iPad [Interactive Demo]

August 16th, 2013

We’ve been working hard all year to make Edmodo simpler, more intuitive, and even more accessible than ever before. Nowhere is that better seen than in our new iPad App. You can manage group discussions, post assignments, and communicate with your students with a touch of your finger, from the comfort of your own couch. The new Edmodo app takes advantage of all the iPad has to offer by enabling quick and easy uploading of photos and videos straight to your posts, notes, or personal library.

Try out these great new features with our interactive demo below:

Follow the prompts and click through the demos below to see the app in action

Enhanced Grading

Grading papers has never been easier with the new iPad app – you can now easily swipe through student accounts and assign grades in a matter of minutes. The demo below shows how to easily assign grades:

Improved Group Management

The new Edmodo iPad app keeps you in control of your groups – wherever you are. You can now lock and unlock groups, reset group codes, and update teacher and student status with a single touch. Try the improved group management settings for yourself in the demo below:

Open in Edmodo

We have streamlined the “Open In Edmodo” functionality. Documents from other apps can now be opened in Edmodo with one tap; from there, you can attach them to assignments and notes and upload them to your library. Your students can submit an assignment in just two easy taps. Watch the following demo to see how simple this can be:

Download the new Edmodo app to help you manage your daily tasks anytime, anywhere!

14 Responses to “Try Out The New Edmodo App for iPad [Interactive Demo]”

1. Lollie says:

Do you have to delete the old app for ipad and download the new or will there be an update for the app which gives us the new app.

2. Jamal Boussif says:

Congratulations for this update. It was really the weak point of edmodo. Do you plan to integrate a recordable whiteboard ?

3. Kevin says:

Is there a way to provide feedback directly about the iPad app?

I noticed archived groups appear in the side bar list.

Also, don’t know if this is an intended design feature, but you cannot copy and paste text from discussions, nor can you click on links provided in the threaded responses.

The inability for students to share and utilize links provided by their classmates in threaded discussions substantially hinders the collaborative aspect of the platform.

4. B says:

Hi, will you guys offer rubrics for grading (criteria-based assessment) as opposed to just marks? This is one area Schoology has a lead.

Thanks!

5. Rylie says:

Hello, I was wondering if there was an option for me, a student, to change the school I’m attending at. I’ve recently moved from Middle School to High School and was wondering if there was any way I could change this without creating an entirely different account.

• Hello Rylie – great question. The school that shows on your profile is a result of the groups that you are in, so the way to change your school is to withdraw from your old school’s groups, and join groups from your new school. To withdraw from your old groups, go into the groups, click the “gear” icon next to the group name in the left panel, and click “Withdraw.” Once you’ve withdrawn from all groups from your old school, and have joined groups for your new school, the change will be updated on your profile (as long as the teachers at your new school have correctly set their school in their profile). Hope this helps! :)

6. Tracy says:

The old ipad app had autocorrect as standard. This one doesn’t appear to have that or standard features like capitalising after a full stop. Is there someway I can fix this?

7. It seems students are not able to make and tirn in assignments from the iPad app… Is that true, or am I just missing something?

8. Jo Heyes says:

None of the edit functions work on my ipad with the new app. I cannot create small groups or allocate students as before.
    The “student” button in the group management does not activate.
    Google docs do not load into my library.
    I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app as well as powering the ipad off and on again.
    Please help, others in my school in Malaysia are having similar problems with the ipad app.

9. Carlos says:

Edmodo wont allow me to make a note on my ipad to the Language Arts community, but I can make notes to any groups that I set up. Why is that?