Introducing Quizzes for iPad!

September 20th, 2013

Last month, we announced our first-ever, built-for-touch iPad app at EdmodoCon. During the keynote, Chief Product Officer, Nic Borg, demoed quizzes on the iPad and told you they would soon be added in the coming months. We’ve been hard at work making sure that we deliver on this promise, and today, we’re excited to share with you that quizzes have come to the Edmodo iPad App. With the latest app update, students can now take and submit quizzes directly from within the app. For now, Edmodo quizzes must still be created on the web version – but stay tuned, quiz creation for iPad is coming!

How It Works

With the touch of their finger, students can start a quiz, toggle between questions, flag any questions they want to go back to later, and review their work. Before submitting a quiz, the app reminds students about any questions they’ve skipped and left blank, allowing them to confirm that they’re done before turning it in.

See how easy it is to use!

1. Launch quiz from the Post Stream

IMG_0025

2. Answer questions

Screen Shot 2013-09-20 at 6.25.40 PM

3. Review and submit

IMG_0028

Whether you use your iPad on your couch or in a 1:1 classroom, we hope this latest update will help make your life a little easier. Remember to check back for more updates as we work to make your iPad experience even better. Learn more at help.edmodo.com.

16 Responses to “Introducing Quizzes for iPad!”

1. Dawn says:

This is exciting! Edmodo just gets better and better! Thanks for giving teachers a useful platform.

2. Steve says:

nice! However, would rather have the planner feature in the app first!

3. This is fabulous! We do not have enough computers in our class for everyone to use so I have to check out the iPad cart at our school for computer use. Very excited that the quizzes will run smoothly on the iPad.

4. annika huizinga says:

I use Edmodo in my geography classes in order to enable students to share files with one another, and to send them digital assignments.
    The quizz option is really nice. However, I can never use it for ‘official’ quizzes/tests, since students can communicate with one another (chatboxes) and can peep into their digital notes…
    There is an option to block the students iPads (via settings) however, I as a teacher have to do that on 30 iPads separately…
    For the future, might it be an idea to include to option to temporarily block the students iPad (that they cannot swipe to another app) during the test??

This would be great!

Cheers Annika Huizinga

5. Mary Rehmann says:

I agree with Annika — Once students enter a quiz, there should be an option to keep them solely within that quiz. Students in my classes have figured out that they can leave quizzes and then reenter them.

6. Reuban says:

do we know when quizzes will be coming to iphone and ipod?

7. Jason says:

Great work, can’t wait to start using these in class.

8. Paula Petersen says:

Will you be publishing this for Android soon? I hope so!

9. Tammy Campbell says:

I agree with M.Rehmann and A.Huizinga. If we had the ability to lock quizzes, I would turn cartwheels down main street. (not really, just want you to understand the need for this additional component)

10. Janet Robles says:

I agree with the posters above regarding Edmodo quizzes being more secure. I would also like to see Edmodo quizzes accepting special characters (for a language teacher this is a MUST!), and easier to edit. I think that a format similar to Quia or Schoology would be awesome! This is one area where Edmodo can definitely make great improvements!

11. Dwayne says:

+1 for android and iPhone version being updated with quizzes. Some students in my class don’t have a computer at home, and rely on their phone – having the quizzes available there (instead of forcing their way to the full version via mobile browser) would make it so much better.

12. Sheena Roller says:

I used this feature with my students on Friday, and it was a great way to quickly do a learning check at the end of the week. Will students soon be able to see their results on the iPad as well? The only inconvenience for me was I had to go around with my laptop to tell students how they did on the two learning targets then go over the quiz all together in order for students to understand the correct answer. This works so well on the computer with edmodo. I hope it will soon work on the iPad as well. Also, it was confusing to students that they could see a sheet for each answer with a green checkmark on it (they associated this with a correct answer) before submitting.

13. Dan Hopper says:

When will the Android version be available. Not all school divisions support Apple.

14. V. H. says:

Would guided access keep them within the Quiz area only?