Frequently Asked Questions About The New iPad App
Posted by: Lucia Giacomantonio
Our support team has received a number of inquiries about the new Edmodo iPad app, so we’ve put together a list of the most frequently asked questions.
1. What’s the difference between the newest Edmodo App and the one I had last year?
The old app was a copy of the web version, designed for use with a keyboard and mouse. While it contained many features, it was not optimized for use on a mobile device.
The new app is specifically designed for use on the iPad. Built for touch navigation, it focuses on the core functions most often used by teachers and students in the classroom via a mobile device, including:
- Posts – send and reply to comments
- Assignments – create, submit, grade
- Quizzes – take and submit in the classroom
- Library – add and share items within Edmodo
- Group Management – set member options and access
Other features that you enjoy (syncing files on Google Drive, resetting student passwords, removing students from groups, etc.) are still available on the full web version of Edmodo, which can be accessed through the Safari browser on your iPad.
2. Will the Edmodo iPad App include more features in the future?
We’re working on bringing the Edmodo Planner and the Edmodo Store to the iPad app. Going forward, our core focus will be improving your in-classroom iPad experience, which means enhancing the functions of the existing app (such as group communication tools), and making navigation as easy and intuitive as possible for you and your students.
3. How should I use the Edmodo iPad app to best enhance my classroom experience?
The iPad app is best used as a synchronous communication tool in the classroom. The core features of posts, replies, quizzes, and the library help facilitate in-classroom collaboration and learning. The app can also be used outside of the classroom for submitting assignments and continuing in-class discussions.
To take full advantage of advanced features used for planning and grading, we recommend logging in to the full web version of Edmodo, which can be accessed through the Safari browser on your iPad.
4. Will I be updated on the latest Edmodo iPad App features as they are released?
Yes! There are currently three ways to stay up-to-date:
- Subscribe to the Edmodo Blog for all the latest product news and updates
- Follow the “What’s New” section on the Edmodo Help Center
- Visit the Apple App Store for information on the latest version
5. Can parents sign up and/or login through the Edmodo iPad App?
The iPad app does not currently support parent accounts. Parents can still access the full web version of Edmodo, which can be accessed through the Safari browser on an iPad.
6. Will the Android and iPhone apps be updated?
Yes! Both apps are currently in development and will be updated in the near future. Please subscribe to the Edmodo Blog or follow the “What’s New” section of the Edmodo Help Center for ongoing product news and updates.