Reserve your spot for our next Teachers’ Lounge webinar!

January 3rd, 2014

photoHost: Nira Dale, 9th grade Honors ELA teacher, Florence, Alabama
Date: Tuesday January 21, 7:00pm EST
Topic: Mastering The Standards With Edmodo

In this live, 30-minute webinar, Support Ambassador, Nira Dale, will share how she uses Edmodo to bring mastery of the standards to her classroom. Nira uses Edmodo as a classroom management tool to meet the immediate and long term academic needs of her students, and will share her three most important and practical uses for Edmodo: Intentional & Strategic Formative Diagnostics, Assessing Learning Through the ‘Back Channel,’ and Peer Publishing. Attendees of this webinar will leave with tools and steps they can use to bring student mastery into their Edmodo classroom.

The Edmodo Teacher’s Lounge features Edmodo educators from around the world, presenting in an informal setting, on a topic of their choice. They’ll share inspirational conversations from the teacher’s lounge at their own schools, personal experiences from their classrooms, and stories from the connections they’ve made through the Edmodo community.

Host Your Own Teacher’s Lounge

Interested in sharing your own expertise? Complete the Teacher’s Lounge application.

16 Responses to “Reserve your spot for our next Teachers’ Lounge webinar!”

1. Linda says:

I would like to be able to participate but my tutoring schedule on most evenings keeps me tied up until after 8:00. Would it be possible to schedule some of these for a Saturday morning?

2. Ana Rangel says:

I would like to sign up for the the webinar on Jan 21.
    Ana R.

3. Carolina says:

I would like to signup for the webinar on January 21. However is the schedulded time (7 pm) meant CET?
    carolina

4. LH Gabriel says:

Please sign me up and send a reminder if possible. 1-21

5. Jorge Garcia says:

Awaiting the next webinar. I´m ready to participate.
    Jorge

6. LELA says:

I would like to sign up for this event. I am looking forward to this next week. Thank you!

Lela Anderson

7. L. Chela Allen says:

Looking forward to it.

8. Kate Baker says:

Excellent point that Nira makes during the webinar: use what works! Any strategy is the right strategy if engages our students and gets them learning.
    I use a blended/flipped model of instruction with some PBL thrown in for my English 9 classroom.

• Nira Dale says:

Thanks, Kate! …And after seeing your flipped model from your EdmodoCon 2013 presentation, it is quite obvious that your students are truly blessed to have you! :-)

9. Joelle Dulaney says:

Loved the Teacher Lounge today and especially the exit ticket idea. The visuals using Keynote were helpful in understanding examples of use of Edmodo. I also liked how you had teams based on college to motivate your students in small groups. I had always thought of the small group idea for individual projects, but can see the advantage of long term teams as well. I plan to implement that based on tables in my classroom. Your students are lucky to have you as a teacher and we are lucky to have you able to present to us during the school year to motivate us further.

• Nira Dale says:

Thanks Mrs. Dulaney! I’m so excited to hear that you will attempt the gamifying model with your tables in your classroom! …Let US know how it goes! :-D