Make Summer a Page Turner With Reward-Based Reading Program
Posted by: Elena Ontiveros
As a teacher, it’s fun to see how kids form and share their thoughts when discovering new things about the world. To help keep them engaged and expressive while school’s out, Edmodo is partnering with the DOGObooks Summer Reading program.
Participation is free and, even better, it’s rewarding!
- For every three books students review, they’ll receive a free book of their choice.
- The top ten schools with the most student reviews will be eligible to win 100 books for each of their libraries (from a prize list of over 80 titles).
- Teachers can host their reading logs and book reviews all online in one place.
Want to get started? Simply install the FREE DOGObooks Summer Reading app into an Edmodo Group and have your students:
- Log in to their Edmodo accounts
- Launch the DOGObooks Summer Reading App and join the program
- Select books to read, post reviews, and start earning prizes
With support from top publishers*, this summer reading program includes books for a range of tastes and ages, including over 50 popular elementary and middle school titles—ones students are sure to read on a beach, in the park, or wherever the summer takes them.
Are you planning to join this fun summer initiative? Share in the comments section below, or in the Edmodo Communities.
* Publishers supporting Summer Reading this year include: HarperCollins Children’s Books, Simon & Schuster, Scholastic, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Random House Children’s Books, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Disney Publishing, Zonderkidz, Bloomsbury, Candlewick Press, Quirk Books, Amazon Children’s Publishing, American Girl Publishing, and Baker & Taylor Publishing.