How to Host an EdmodoCon 2014 Viewing Party
Posted by: Amanda Zeligs
Being a teacher, you know the value of learning in groups—and we all agree it’s more fun, too. So how about turning professional development into a party? An EdmodoCon viewing party!
With EdmodoCon in just four short weeks, it’s time to start planning with your fellow teachers and colleagues to get the most out of the education professional development event of the year. Following are some tips for hosting an EdmodoCon 2014 viewing party; don’t forget to keep those eyes and ears peeled for a chance at winning some viewing party giveaways!
- Invite your colleagues to attend this year’s event. We recommend that everyone registers separately so individuals can get personal EdmodoCon updates and a certificate of participation.
- Register your group to tell us about your party. To get the most out of EdmodoCon, all group members should have Edmodo teacher accounts and follow the EdmodoCon Community.
- Break into those back-to-school supplies a bit early and gather materials such as pens, notebooks, flipcharts, and snacks.
- Get together on August 6, between 7:00 am PDT and 6:00 pm PDT, and join us online for an exciting day of learning with Edmodo users and educators. (You have to admit you kind of miss your fellow teachers this far into the summer.)
Fun Food Ideas
- Brown bag it. For something quick and easy, have your guests bring their own lunches. There may even be some trading that happens.
- Pot luck. Ask each guest to bring a dish to share. If you’re feeling ambitious, choose a theme or region for your menu.
- Order in. Have sandwiches and sides delivered from a local deli, get Chinese to create your own buffet, or call for pizza and salads. It’s nice to treat yourself every so often.
- Use the EdmodoCon Community to interact with other EdmodoCon attendees.
- Keep a running list of questions to ask in the chat feature of the live stream platform.
- Stretch or take a brisk group walk during session breaks.
- Stay hydrated and eat small meals to keep your energy level up. Nourished bodies lead to nourished minds.
- Listen closely throughout the sessions for opportunities to win prizes. During the event, follow the EdmodoCon Community and @Edmodo on Twitter to learn about opportunities to win Edmodo prizes!
We can’t wait to welcome you to EdmodoCon on August 6 for an online day of learning and sharing ideas for using technology and Edmodo in education. If you attended an EdmodoCon viewing party last year, we’d love to hear your success stories in the comments section below—or the clever things you have up your sleeve for this year!