5 Ways Your District Can Use Edmodo This Summer

June 11th, 2015

School’s out, but as an administrator, we know you’re already hard at work preparing for next year. Following are some tips and tricks on how you can use Edmodo to unify your district and conduct professional development over summer.

1-secure-icon1. Set up a secure network. Easily bring all your teachers and students together in one place. With a personalized Edmodo URL, you can redirect your entire school or district to a single domain and verify every educator who wants to join.

2-empower-icon2. Empower your educators. Subscribe to Edmodo Plus and access a district-wide group directory that teachers can use to discover and join online PLCs and PD Groups, then recognize and reward their achievements with Teacher Badges.

3-sync-icon3. Get your district in sync. Create a seamless onboarding solution with Edmodo Sync, a single sign-on solution that integrates with your student information system and gives you complete oversight of all your users.

4-blended-icon4. Facilitate blended learning. Sign up for an Edmodo training session and help the teachers in your district learn how to use the platform with students, parents, and each other. Online or in-person, we can design training that works on your schedule.

EOY-2015-7-edmodocon-icon5. Register for EdmodoCon. Reserve a free seat for edtech’s largest streamed event on Tuesday, August 4. Celebrating the best in collaboration, EdmodoCon introduces you to digital tools, creative ideas, valuable resources, and other educators.

For even more tips and tricks, check out the End of the Year FAQ for Admins on our Help Center, or post your questions, ideas, and feedback to our Support Community.

How do you implement Edmodo in your district? Share in the comments below!

29 responses to “5 Ways Your District Can Use Edmodo This Summer”

1. Amanda says:

This is a great way to keep up with Edmodo over the summer. Over the past two years, I have virtually attended EdmodoCon and have found that it really inspires me to start the new school year with a fresh look at what is possible with Edmodo. I love that the conference is broken into sessions and that you can come and go to see things that apply to you.

2. krishna says:

Edmodo is the place to be!

3. Seth Guttenplan says:

My school already has an Edmodo URL I think, but I am looking forward to EdmodoCon and would like to look into signing up for an Edmodo training session.

4. Jessica says:

These are some great suggestions, especially withe the edmodo app teachers wont have to sign on to anything to find out news or updates during the summer

5. Helen Xiong says:

I can’t wait to see what EdmodoCon has so that I can share and use these resources for this next school year. We currently have a scattered amount of teacher that use Edmodo but I hope to use it this next school year more regularly with my staff since I will be doing the technology integration and development for my district.

6. Allison says:

I’m really looking forward to EdmodoCon – any tips for a first timer??

7. Holly says:

Edmodo is also a great way for AP teachers to distribute and answer questions about summer work.

8. Ms. Campbell says:

I wish my school district would go to edmodo school-wide. The edmodo platform would be much friendlier for the online book studies we are doing.

9. Shannon Galloway says:

We’re working on doing this for my school next year. It’s nice to have a “battle plan.” 🙂

10. Cat says:

Blended Learning example! Excitement over the summer.

11. Anna Lumibao says:

These 5 ways are great ideas. I have been using Edmodo with my students for years. I have great success because with Edmodo, my students can do their classwork in and out of the classroom. I have shared my Edmodo knowledge to my co-teachers and some of them have used it in their classes.

12. We will be hosting a few Edmodo workshops this summer to assist teachers with facilitating teaching and learning that supports our 1:1 implemtation. We also use Edmodo Groups to document yearly technology proficiency requirements for all district certified staff.

13. Angela Teague says:

Facilitating blended learning is a great use of Edmodo.

14. Mike says:

I am really looking forward to my second EdmodoCon! I can’t wait to see what sort of ideas I can take home!

15. Alicia Ross says:

I love, love, love edmodo! It really becomes easier for students to stay on top of things when all their teachers use this incredible tool — One stop shopping!
    I am also looking forward to EdmodoCon — I always learn so much.

16. Heather says:

Helpful for an admin as I do lots of maintainence/prep over the summer!

17. Avis says:

Great ideas. I plan to use them with the teachers I work with as we meet to plan over the summer.

18. Olivia says:

My school district does not have access to the grade book software we have during the school year (TEAMS), so many teachers just use Excel. So much is lost though because students and parent can’t access grades like they can during the school year. I have really been working hard this year to help promote teachers using Edmodo for all grades so that students and parent don’t lose feedback and connectivity. Also, Edmodo is SO MUCH easier to use than the school year software and much easier than Excel for sure!

19. Chanel Johnson says:

Been using Edmodo for 4 years now and I am excited I am teachers in my school are becoming receptive of using Edmodo

20. Arlyn Siador says:

Wow, I’m glad I was part of EDMODO Cohort, I’ve learned a lot from joining and with this blog, I got better confidence as the new Academic Coordinator to start the new school year well and it will end well.

21. Dana says:

Excited to check out some of the Edmodo training videos this summer!

22. Ryan says:

I would love to see how Edmodo could be utilized as a way to either conduct formal summer learning for students, or offer informal learning through book clubs, etc… Also, staff could make use of the platform for both formal and informal summer PD opportunities as well.

23. Matt says:

I am excited to attend my first EdmodoCon this year. I have heard so much about it.

24. Lidia says:

Edmodo is great! I’m looking forward to the EdmodoCon2015! I’m sure we’ll get plenty of great and innovative ideas to improve our lessons!

25. Daniel says:

There will be a need for quick refresher on the new look and features of Edmodo.

26. Mika says:

So happy to see other like minded people praising Edmodo for summer teacher training. So excited to learn more.

27. Nice tips!
    Very good to develop a community around the good usage of edmodo practices at schooland simultaneously to encourage the usage of it.

28. Francisco says:

Edomodo is a great tool for teachers and students!

29. Raed says:

Hi all…
    Kindly, I want ask you how i can sign up in Edmodo as school management. I need your support and help please
    ASAP because i am teacher already and currently i am master student and i have research on Edmodo (how make interactive environment of teacher, student,parents and school management.