EdmodoCon 2015: 5 Tips for a Red Carpet-Worthy Viewing Party
Posted by: Amanda Zeligs
The way we see it, being an educator is like being famous. Every day, you stand in front of a live audience that hangs on your every word, someone always wants some of your time, and you spend long hours “on set.”
Since educators literally take the stage at EdmodoCon, we want everyone watching at home to feel like celebrities, too. Here are five ways to create an star-studded viewing party for your school or district:
- Start a “Fan Club.” Create an Edmodo Group and invite colleagues to join. Use it to discuss pre-party preparation, backchannel during EdmodoCon, and talk about how to integrate new ideas and best practices after the event.
- Tell Your “Cast” to RSVP. While you’ll be watching as a group, have everyone individually register for EdmodoCon. That way, each person can get their own event updates, t-shirt discount code, and badge and certificate for attending.
- Assign “Roles.” Who’s in charge of taking notes? Asking and answering questions? Monitoring social media? Who will register your viewing party? Decide who’s going to play each part, so everyone in your ensemble can prepare for their roles.
- Submit Your Ballots. Decide where your party will be hosted, if it’s BYOD, and most importantly, whether it should be brown bag or potluck. Nourished bodies lead to nourished minds (and award-winning performances).
- Get Social. Post party selfies on Instagram and Facebook, follow #EdmodoCon on Twitter, and show off your ideas on Pinterest. To connect with other attendees and access presentation materials, join session Groups.
Since a party isn’t a party without favors, we’ll be giving out a special prize to the biggest bash out there. So gather your favorite partners in learning and have a ball!
Wondering what others are planning for their viewing parties? Share ideas in the comments section below, or get tips for hosting and more in the global EdmodoCon Community.
Already have your festivities prepped and planned? Register your EdmodoCon 2015 party today!