Celebrating Global Collaboration Day With Edmodo
Posted by: Meredith May
This Thursday, September 17th, marks the celebration of Global Collaboration Day (GCD), an event put on by the organizers of the annual Global Education Conference (GEC), to support connections and collaboration among students, teachers, and organizations.
As an event partner, Edmodo is showing its support by encouraging teachers to organize activities on the platform that highlight the importance of collaboration, and to make learning fun! Some of the activities Edmodo teachers have planned include:
- “Working with a class in Germany using Padlet and Edmodo to collaborate on digital safety rules and digital collaboration” — Bobby Brian Lewis, Huntington Middle School, Georgia
- “Hosting a Global Music Share on Edmodo. I started a group and I’m asking people from all over the world to post a link to music that they’re currently listening to. In addition, I am encouraging people to comment on others’ posts” — Michael Kats, Saratoga Springs City School District, New York
- “This week in AP World History, we are discussing and learning about Inter-Regional Interactions in History with a focus on Islam as well as the current Syrian Migrant crisis. We will look at what it means to be a global citizen and how globalization has altered our way of life for the better, or for the worse” — Oscar Porras, Pebble Hills High School, Texas
- “Students will prepare posters about Croatian customs, then we’ll upload the best one to Edmodo Spotlight. Also, we will make quizzes about cultural customs on Edmodo” — Ljiljana Lez-Drnjevic, Hotelijersko-turisticka skola u Zagrebu / School for Hotel and Tourism, Zagreb
- “Students will research interesting facts about a country of their choice. We are an MYP school and we are on a military base so we have children from, or who have lived, in a variety of places. The students will then create fun quizzes on Zondle showcasing the information and inviting other kids to try to play Zondle with the quiz they created. They will vote for the best quiz and that quiz will be made available to everyone in the whole school” — Brenda Osborne, MacArthur Middle School, Maryland
In addition, Edmodo will be hosting a Twitter Chat tomorrow, Sep. 17, at 4pm PT to discuss global collaboration topics and best practices. Be sure to join us and share your thoughts with hashtags #EdmodoGCD, #globaled15, #edmodochat!