Microsoft and Edmodo: A Match Made in Heaven

February 14th, 2016

It was love at first “site” back in August 2015 when Edmodo combined it’s education network with Microsoft’s best-in-class productivity tools through a deep integration of Microsoft Office Online & Office 365. This fully integrated solution empowers students and teachers to create and collaborate online, which in turn levels the playing field for students and educators worldwide.

Here are the relationship highlights so far:

1. Office Online: For the first time, teachers and students are able to open, create, and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files in Edmodo by simply clicking the Office icon in their apps launcher. In addition, users can also access additional tools including Sway, OneNote, and Mix.
  2. Login and Create accounts with Microsoft Office365: Users with Office365 accounts can seamlessly access Edmodo with their Microsoft credentials. Create or merge accounts and relish in one less password to remember.
  3. OneDrive Integration: Keeping track of your folders and files has never been easier. View your OneDrive items directly from your Edmodo Library and attach them to assignments and notes.

We’ve only just begun to explore the possibilities of this connection. Subscribe to the blog and follow @Edmodo and @Microsoft_EDU on Twitter. We hope the honeymoon phase never ends.

13 responses to “Microsoft and Edmodo: A Match Made in Heaven”

1. I had no clue about this relationship! This is amazing news that students can edit the Office suite from Edmodo. Thanks for this information!

2. Mily rojas says:

Its a really great notice!

3. Maria says:

This greatly helps the environment and I am an advocate for a sustainable world.

4. Cristina Bustamante says:

I think it’s great Edmodo is continuing to improve with the increase in ed tech available to teachers. It would be great to see these same features work with other suites as well like Google Docs.

5. Angela Tackett says:

A cool option for teachers and students.

6. Mike Neumire says:

Love integration and app smashing! This collaboration makes work very smooth for students.

7. Keith George says:

I love that Microsoft is working to integrate across all platforms as well as with other sites and services like Edmodo. Quite a change from the “I’m a Mac/I’m a PC” days!

8. I love how Edmodo is such a flexible platform that it can be used with Microsoft Office 365 and with Google Apps for Education as well! Being up in here in the land of Microsoft (WA State), it’s crucial for students to be prepared to participate in the commerce taking place in our state! #edmodolove

9. Addie Albano says:

Kudos, Edmodo for giving students and teachers access to all that Microsoft has to offer! Now my middle schoolers can seamlessly complete their assignments with all of the tools right at their fingertips!

10. Rosemary Long says:

office 365 and Edmodo have worked very well together as we have used it in the high school and I use it for my technology classes throughout the district

11. I think it´s a very important alliance, It will be a great idea if we could use these tools to reflect about education for competences.

12. DOGE says:

13. Lisa Bieler says:

This will allow for integration of tech tools for those who aren’t able to have a GAFE environment.