As the world’s leading global learning network, Edmodo is passionate about fostering discussions that help teachers and students become conscientious about global issues. From teacher groups and topics to our virtual pen pal programs, we see that teachers on our platform are sharing strategies to accelerate global learning in K-12 classrooms every day.
We are excited to announce that we are bringing these discussions to Twitter! Discover ways to engage in conversations about global issues and foster global competence among your students in our #Edmodoglobal Twitter chat on Wednesday, May 18th from 7 to 8 PM EST (4 to 5 PM PST) titled Utilizing Resources to Foster Global Education Conversations in the Classroom.
In this live one-hour discussion, we will join forces with the Global Oneness Project (@goproject) to discuss ways to bring global dimensions into the classroom. Founded in 2006, the Global Oneness Project offers free multicultural stories and accompanying lesson plans for high school and college classrooms. We will also investigate educational resources for elementary, middle and high school students available on Edmodo Spotlight and provide suggestions and inspiration for global education activities.
Join the conversation and share your unique perspective by following Edmodo on Twitter. Below are the questions that we will be asking during the chat. We look forward to chatting with you on the 18th!
#EdmodoGlobal Chat Questions
- What are some of the global issues that you discuss with friends and colleagues?
- How do you make that bridge into the classroom discussion and how do you make the relevant to students?
- What are strategies for teaching global issues to primary, middle and high school?
- How are global issues addressed by classrooms, schools, communities and at home?
- What are some of your favorite global ed resources?
- What are some of your favorite global ed activities?
- Who is globally oriented within Edmodo and what can Edmodo do to strengthen global awareness?