5 Ways to Use Edmodo Statistics
Posted by: Amanda Zeligs
Over the last few months, our product team has been hard at work gathering feedback from administrators and creating a more streamlined admin experience.
One feature update that we are particularly proud of is the revamped Edmodo Statistics, now accessible to all admin users. We have made it easier than ever to see how teachers and students are using Edmodo. With Edmodo Statistics, identify who’s thriving, who needs additional support, and gain quantifiable insight into your school or district’s technology integration.
Here are five ways you can take advantage of the new and improved Edmodo Statistics:
- Prepare for school visits: With Edmodo Statistics, isolate classrooms that need technology assistance. Get a sense for how teachers have been employing Edmodo in the past, and come prepared with data-informed suggestions for how to deepen blended learning going forward.
- Find blended learning mentors: Does your school or district have an initiative around going paperless? Use Statistics to locate the teachers who are sending Assignments and Quizzes on Edmodo. These educators could serve as examples for their colleagues and may be candidates for leading Edmodo trainings!
- Determine professional development needs: Perhaps some of your teachers are sending Notes on Edmodo but have yet to take their technology integration to the next level. Thanks to straightforward graphs, determine which features could be better utilized or which schools could use additional support, and design professional development accordingly.
- Surface data to your fellow administrators and school board members: Many admins expressed the need to be able to report data around their teachers and students’ Edmodo use, such as in relation to device rollouts and pilots. With the revamped Statistics, quantifiable Edmodo activity is easy to view and export for different time periods and schools. Now, information about your middle school’s 1:1 device implementation is right at your fingertips.
- Demonstrate student engagement: Edmodo Statistics not only shows how teachers use Edmodo, but also provides insight into student activity. Find out if students are participating in online discussions and submitting assignments and quizzes. Surface this information to parents, guidance counselors, and advisors.
In addition to keeping a pulse on student and teacher Edmodo activity with Statistics, admins can also manage members—including resetting teacher and student passwords—post to school and district communities, and export key information. We hope you enjoy these updates to the admin account, and keep an eye out as Edmodo continues to enhance functionality for schools and districts